PDA

View Full Version : Camera connection kit (video transfer)

verduzco
Apr 29, 2010, 02:55 AM
I have a Canon Vixia HFS10 and I was wondering if I can transfer the video I shoot on it to the ipad. I make movies and would love to use my ipad to watch dailies so i know if I have to re shoot or if i shot a perfect scene. The cannon captures video using an sd card and the built in hard drive. Would it be possible to connect the canon to the ipad using a usb cable or will it also work with the sd card. The format it uses for video is AVCHD (.mts). Many thanks in advance for the help.

ovrlrd
Apr 29, 2010, 04:12 AM
It will let you transfer it, but it won't support playback for AVC from what has been tested. If your camera supports Motion JPEG that will work fine, other cameras that somehow have flawless support for QuickTime H264 will also work, but I don't know of any of those other than the iPhone 3GS.

master-ceo
Apr 29, 2010, 12:54 PM
I was surprised the Camera Kit imported the .AVI videos off my Olympus FE Camera and iPad plays it. :eek:

Camera Kit is a MUST!

verduzco
May 1, 2010, 12:19 AM
Is there anywhere on the web that shows the video formats that are supported for the camera connection kit? I looked around but I had no luck finding any thing.