Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rch5181

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 22, 2009
I'm not explaining this well but... I'm looking for an app that can push my badge count every morning for tasks I have to do that day. Every night I set up my todo list and I'd like the app to send a push to my badge count the next day. Or if I set future tasks, on the day I have to do them I'd like the badge number to be updated.

Don't mind if it costs $10. Don't need online syncing but all that could be a plus.

Sorry if I'm not being clear and thanks for the help!

M.a.r.k.

macrumors member
Oct 15, 2007
hey,

you should definately look into "2do"; in my opinion the best app for 2do stuff :)
You can set sepcific notification times for every to-do entry.
In addition you also can set the badge count to display you to-dos for today.
Has wireless sync with ical, and lots of additional features.

http://www.2doapp.com/en/2Do/overview.html

kas23

macrumors 603
Oct 28, 2007
I have Appigo Todo. It is probably the most polished Todo app out there, but it does NOT push badge count numbers. In fact, I'm unaware of any Todo app that does. Not to worry, though, this will all be fixed in iPhone OS 4.

Gokunama

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2008
None of the todo apps I know of push badges, and I've tried Todo (by Apiggo), Pocket Informant, Omnifocus, and 2do. If you're looking for a well polished todo app, you probably can't go wrong with any of those. Todo an 2do seem the best allround todo apps out there, with 2do looking nicer and being just a little funner to use. Omnifocus is the best power todo app, and Pocket Informant great for combining events and todos all in one view (todo is decent but not for power users yet <-- it'll get there eventually).

I'd imagine all will have local notifications that include badges in the upcoming update, and online sync is great to have, just in case your iPhone needs a fresh restore, or your iPhone gets lost, destroyed, or stolen.

sparkomatic

macrumors 6502a
Jun 8, 2007
Orange County, CA
Toodledo is great. The app isn't the best for the iPad but it is optimized for it.

I use it and sync between the PC-web version, the version on my iPhone and iPad. The iPhone/iPad versions are universal.

I think it's like $12/year or something like that. Pushes badge notifications and is very reliable.

2Do looks nice. I'll have to check that one out. And, it looks like it'll sync with Toodledo.

Bozley0621

macrumors 6502
Mar 25, 2009
Toodledo is great. The app isn't the best for the iPad but it is optimized for it.

I use it and sync between the PC-web version, the version on my iPhone and iPad. The iPhone/iPad versions are universal.

I think it's like $12/year or something like that. Pushes badge notifications and is very reliable.

2Do looks nice. I'll have to check that one out. And, it looks like it'll sync with Toodledo.

I live by Toodledo...now if only the website UI was as nice as the iPhone.

Julien

macrumors G4
Jun 30, 2007
Atlanta
I live by Toodledo...now if only the website UI was as nice as the iPhone.

Yes, Toodledo is the bomb. Available anywhere by website, iPhone, iPad, iCal and MS Outlook all by pushing any of the sync buttons. One little pet peeve I have is that sub tasks aren't alphabetized (or any other logical order I can detect).

rch5181

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 22, 2009
I took the recommendations and got Toodledo and I think I figured out a solution. Yesterday I used the website to create my todos and had each one set with a "reminder/alarm". This morning when I woke up my badge count was updated for today. Fingers crossed that it'll continue to work.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.