Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

xxRONNIExx

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 7, 2008
California
I've already spent over $100 on iPad apps. Hopefully I'll have my 3G tomorrow! Who else has spent money on app's and haven't even bought one yet? I surely cant be the only one..=)

AppleSimon

macrumors regular
Apr 14, 2010
I've already spent over $100 on iPad apps. Hopefully I'll have my 3G tomorrow! Who else has spent money on app's and haven't even bought one yet? I surely cant be the only one..=)

I did buy a couple but not that many.

Any "must have" apps in your list?

sracer

macrumors G4
Apr 9, 2010
where hip is spoken
I find it puzzling. But what does it matter what anyone else thinks, it's your money.

Between the time that you purchased those apps and you receive your iPad there will have been new apps released that could be superior to the ones that you bought.

WLS

macrumors 65816
Jul 10, 2008
I've been buying the free ones since before they released the iPad. I have picked up a few on temporary price reduction that I figured I could use. It's a way to get some iPad experience without an iPad.
I'm not going to judge on that. I feel your pain! :eek:

Nausicaa

macrumors 6502a
Jan 11, 2007
You're not alone. I should be embarrassed with how many iPad apps I've bought. But, I think it will be nice to just plug it in tomorrow and immediately have all the apps on the iPad.

FlashHead

macrumors regular
Feb 22, 2010
So far, I've downloaded 69 iPad specific apps and 18 universal.

Many are paid, many are free. I'm not even sure which are which anymore. Some are double or triple functionality (I have 3 weather apps, 5 note taking apps and 2 additional browsers), I'll see which ones I end up liking best.

Like the OP I don't get my 3G until tomorrow, so it's tough to know which are the must have apps yet. I'm sure Pages and Numbers will be key for me and I'm really looking forward to Mirror's Edge (those are also the most expensive apps I've bought so far).

Whorehay

macrumors 6502a
Feb 17, 2008
I've bought 4 and I've had the iPad since launch day:
Goodreader
Flight Control HD
Wolfram
Jelly Car 2

Maybe the 3G delay has actually caused you to buy more ;)

kultschar

macrumors 6502a
Mar 26, 2010
Must admit I bought a fair few before my ipad arrived, couldnt help myself!!! 8 of them required updateds before my ipad arrived lol

danpass

macrumors 68030
Jun 27, 2009
Glory
nope.

I have put a bunch of the paid ones on my wishlist but I have downloaded the free ones :D

LCS

macrumors newbie
Apr 9, 2010
I've only downloaded two so far, and I don't have mine yet. I'm not all that into games though.

JZ Wire

macrumors regular
Dec 18, 2003
Miami, FL
I've downloaded quite a few iPad apps for free but I have only purchased a few just for right now. Like someone said above, you never know if they might reduce prices so im waiting till I get the actual 3G iPad in my hands before I make any serious purchases.
Some of these apps may be cheap at first. 99 cents here, a dollar there, $1.99 more and before you know it you've racked up $50.
I think that's the "magic" of the App store, you buy because its real cheap but then you're hooked and you end up spending more than what you bargained for.
Either way im happy because I use many of the apps I actually buy. :D

macridah

macrumors 6502a
Feb 18, 2004
Nor-Cal
totally not sad. I got a bunch of free ones and some games. Spent about $40. there might be a download blitz tomorrow and just wanted to sync my iPad with some stuff. Also couldn't help read some other post of the must have apps. Phew, this has been longest few weeks ever!!!

boss1

macrumors 6502a
Jan 8, 2007
what if they get price drops?

What if the promotional new app sale expires :p

I bought a ton of apps the first day, and had no iPad, ordered a 3G. Then I gave in to my impulses the same day and bought a WiFi iPad :D

qtx43

macrumors 6502a
Aug 4, 2007
I have to admit to laughing at you. Sorry. I was as anxious to get my grubby little hands on my iPad as anybody, but would never have bought apps to just sit on my computer. But hey, it's your money, if that's what makes you happy, go for it.

At least you didn't buy a WiFi model and keep it too long to return it, and then sell it for a couple hundred dollar loss so you could buy a WiFi+3G. Lots of people starting threads saying they did something like that, that's much sillier than buying applications a little ahead of time.

Zepaw

macrumors 65816
Apr 18, 2010
MN
I find it puzzling. But what does it matter what anyone else thinks, it's your money.

Between the time that you purchased those apps and you receive your iPad there will have been new apps released that could be superior to the ones that you bought.

I've spent a lot, but mostly on games. Lot of $10 games. Curse you Plants vs Zombies =[

boss1

macrumors 6502a
Jan 8, 2007
I have to admit to laughing at you. Sorry. I was as anxious to get my grubby little hands on my iPad as anybody, but would never have bought apps to just sit on my computer. But hey, it's your money, if that's what makes you happy, go for it.

At least you didn't buy a WiFi model and keep it too long to return it, and then sell it for a couple hundred dollar loss so you could buy a WiFi+3G. Lots of people starting threads saying they did something like that, that's much sillier than buying applications a little ahead of time.

Well, I'm on that boat. bought a wifi iPad and selling it tomorrow at a discount. But there is no loss in my view. I used the product and the value it provided me was worth more than the dollar amount i'm discounting it for. ;)

Joel Bechtolt

macrumors newbie
Apr 29, 2010
Hi Ronnie.

Welcome to Apple Anonymous. You're in the right room. It's a safe place for people like us, you're amongst friends :apple:

The first step is admitting you're powerless over Ive and that your life has become unmanageable :)

qtx43

macrumors 6502a
Aug 4, 2007
Well, I'm on that boat. bought a wifi iPad and selling it tomorrow at a discount. But there is no loss in my view. I used the product and the value it provided me was worth more than the dollar amount i'm discounting it for. ;)
Did I say 'silly'? :confused: What I meant was 'sally' as in: Sally forth and live life to its fullest!

ThoseBackPages

macrumors regular
Apr 9, 2010
New York
Not sad at all.

Ive loaded up on the free aps, and have a few paid ones on my "watch list"

ive also spent $100 on a case and a murse to carry my soon to be 3g

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.