PDA

View Full Version : Belkin Grip Vue owners: How do you prop/type on iPad?

iSingandiDance
Apr 29, 2010, 05:55 PM
So I went to the Apple Store the other day to purchase a case for the 3G. I figured since the Belkin and the Apple Case were the most lauded, I would pick up one or the other. I ended up getting both. I really don't plan on constantly switching iPad over to the other, but I really don't see a way around this typing thing.

If I were somehow convinced that I didn't need the Apple Case (I already have a netbook sleeve, so screen protection aint a problem), I would be inclined to take it back to the Apple Store tomorrow.

So, how do you prop and type with the Belkin Grip Vue?

dbagchee
Apr 29, 2010, 06:24 PM
I just type flat or rest it on my legs at an angle. I'm not writing anything more than a paragraph or two at a time though.

Rob587
Apr 29, 2010, 06:38 PM
yeah, and what about watching movies or tv shows? I would love to see some pics of how people are using their non-pholio cases to do these things.

dbagchee
Apr 29, 2010, 06:46 PM
I watch video the majority of the time while sitting on the couch or on my bed. For both I just prop it on my legs like you see in most of the apple ads/videos. I occasionally use it in a plate stand if I'm doing something else at the same time.

iSingandiDance
Apr 29, 2010, 06:53 PM
Thanks for the feedback.

I think I'll test them both out and make a decision before my 14 days are up.

iSingandiDance
May 1, 2010, 08:24 AM
I'm so in love with the Belkin. I haven't even opened up the Apple Case.

Thinking about just returning it altogether.

Thanks for the help guys.

sparkstsa
May 1, 2010, 08:39 AM
http://www.amazon.com/6-Wooden-plate-stand-easel/dp/B0002RWYGY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=home-garden&qid=1272721062&sr=8-1

I picked up one of these from walmart for $2.50 and it works perfect with the ipad in portrait and landscape mode.