Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Favorite ways to get media.

• iTunes

Votes: 3 7.7%
  • Torrents or other form of P2P (Piratebay Demonoid Limewire)

Votes: 10 25.6%
  • Netflix or hulu type sits

Votes: 6 15.4%
  • Usenet

Votes: 4 10.3%
  • Buy and burn them (Handbrake etc)

Votes: 16 41.0%

• Total voters

Airforcekid

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 29, 2008
United States of America
Legal or illegal what way do you prefer in terms of speed quality etc. Im finding I use netflix majority usenet for movies not yet released and iTunes for classics that netflix dosent have. My favorite is usenet.

alphaod

macrumors Core
Feb 9, 2008
NYC
Buy Bluray and then download it off the internet; I can't watch Bluray on a Mac, so at least I own the movies I downloaded.

Of course I just got a PS3, so those discs are quite handy.

If I don't I want to buy the movie, I use Netflix. If I just can't find it at all, then I will just download it.

Yes Usenet rocks.

Airforcekid

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 29, 2008
United States of America
Im surprised i thought torrents and p2p wouls be used the most. Personally i cant stand having a dvd or bluray because i cant organize anything not on my computer well.

DAMAC3

macrumors regular
Feb 6, 2009
Noblesville, IN
Honestly, I use a combination of everything on the list (except for Usenet, never used it). Each method has its advantages, so I utilize each for different situations. It may sound silly, but it is less work to torrent a movie I already own so I don't have to go through the work of ripping it and encoding it for efficient space/quality ratio. The only thing I feel I am a bad boy :rolleyes: about is downloading TV shows. Most of them also get recorded to my DVR, but I would like to have access to them later without using up my DVR's HDD. And I am not paying $3 for an HD episode of House or Lost on iTunes. I've also got the cheap Blu-ray version of Netflix for movies I don't want to buy and access to their online streaming. And Hulu and ABC player for iPad are supplemental to the rest.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.