PDA

View Full Version : Wrappers for iPad or similar...

jedolley
Apr 30, 2010, 04:14 PM
I was wondering if anyone has this sleeve (http://wrappers.typepad.com/ipod/apple-ipad/) and could provide any comments on it? I was also wondering if anyone knows of a similar sleeve that has bands so it attaches to the back when out of the sleeve?

I'm thinking of using a sleeve like this and can see how it could sometimes be useful to attach it to the back via bands or something similar.

christof
May 4, 2010, 01:22 AM
I've had a shiny pillowcase sleeve for my MacBook Air Rev. A since February 2008. Debbie at Wrappers does a really great job! I decided to get another shiny sleeve (with the elastic bands, not the pillowcase) for my iPad 3G. I'll let you know what I think once I get it–I'm sure it'll be great!

In addition, I'm thinking of pairing it with a SwitchEasy Nude case: either the transparent clear or transparent black/grey.

SchneiderMan
May 4, 2010, 01:34 AM
Here http://sfbags.com/products/ipad-cases/ipad-cases.php

christof
May 4, 2010, 01:53 AM
Here http://sfbags.com/products/ipad-cases/ipad-cases.php
I had a WaterField sleeve for my original Titanium PowerBook G4 667, but it was a bit loose on the short sides, so TiBook would slide from left to right when it was inside the case... The velcro eventually gave out too and couldn't stick too well once the fuzzy side of the velcro got really really fuzzy... The padding is nice, as is the ballistic nylon they use, though.

christof
Jun 3, 2010, 03:12 AM
I've ordered from Wrappers UK before. The proprietor's first name is Debbie. Last time, my order took much longer than the 5-10 days quoted; it was more like three weeks.

This time for iPad, I placed an order. I was notified 8 days later that it shipped, but it never arrived. After numerous emails about the status of my order, I was issued a refund over a month after I placed my order. I, unfortunately, also received not a single email communication from Debbie about my inquiries. I would have waited longer because I love my Wrappers pillowcase wrap for MacBook, but she didn't let me know anything and simply issued a refund one day.

While I love my other Wrappers UK pillow case sleeves, it seems that Debbie does not know how to fulfill her orders, so steer clear of Wrappers UK.

flipshot
Jun 3, 2010, 06:02 AM
I've ordered from Wrappers UK before. The proprietor's first name is Debbie. Last time, my order took much longer than the 5-10 days quoted; it was more like three weeks.

This time for iPad, I placed an order. I was notified 8 days later that it shipped, but it never arrived. After numerous emails about the status of my order, I was issued a refund over a month after I placed my order. I, unfortunately, also received not a single email communication from Debbie about my inquiries. I would have waited longer because I love my Wrappers pillowcase wrap for MacBook, but she didn't let me know anything and simply issued a refund one day.

While I love my other Wrappers UK pillow case sleeves, it seems that Debbie does not know how to fulfill her orders, so steer clear of Wrappers UK.

I would have to agree with this, when I ordered a netbook case a couple of years ago they were very fast but recently I ordered a iPhone and then an iPad case both took weeks despite what the site said about dispatch times. I sent numerous emails to which I got no response. In the end I filed a dispute with Google Checkout, only then did they suddenly spring into action blaming it on an issue with Google Checkout not allowing them to login and view orders which I think is unlikely. Especially as they knew what I had ordered from my order number, if they had no access to Google checkout how would they know this and why continue taking orders knowing you have no access to fulfil them, doesn't really add up to me.

christof
Jun 3, 2010, 07:33 PM
It's unfortunate that Debbie doesn't have her act together. After thinking about it, I thought about returning to WaterField Designs for an Ultimate Sleeve, but didn't really like it because it's thick. (I have four of these thicker sleeves, which made sense for my Apple laptops.)

I really like that Wrappers was thin and provided satisfactory protection. Today, though, I noticed that WaterField has a thinner Wrappers-like Suede Jacket and Slip Case. I just wish they had the pillowcase-like lip that could hold iPad in the case (something Wrappers does) and four corners to strap the case to the back of iPad (something Wrappers advertises.

Nonetheless, sfbags.com's Slip Case or Suede Jacket might be an awesome Wrappers-like replacement!!!