PDA

View Full Version : Express doesn't expand an Airport Extreme network

applebio
May 1, 2010, 03:58 AM
Hi,

I need some help to find out what is happening in my Airport network.

I just bought 3 airports: 2 new double band Airports extreme and 1 "N" airport express.

I have one of the Airport Extreme #1 connected to the DSL router and have configured the network, both 5 and 2.4
I have the Airpot Extreme #2 to expand the signal of the network (I realized that the Airpot Extreme as a bridge it only can replicate one of the networks 5 or 2.4. Is replicatiog the 2.4 network)

I have my Express in the range of the second Airport Extreme #2 to expand the signal to another area.

So far so good. The three Airports have the green light and are connected to each other (or that is what i see in the wireless clients option in the advanced panel of Airpot utility app) .

However, when I go with my computer to the area that Airport Express should be covering, I have a really week signal even though I have the Airport Express right in front of me. (my iphone is not even able to detect the network from there)

So I go again to the advance panel to see the wireless clients of the Airport Express and I see only the Airport Extreme #2. If i go to the wifi clients of the Extreme #2 I see that other Extreme #1, Express and my computer.

So my conclusion is that for some reason Airport Express is not replicating the Airport Extreme #2 signal (if i configure the Express to build a network of its own i'm able to see it with my computer).

I don't have anything connected to the Airport express,

Any thoughts?

WilliamG
May 1, 2010, 08:37 PM
I've never been able to extend a network with an Airport Express. Ever. I even tried this afternoon after reading your post, and yes, I've got the Airport Express to "Extend the network" but none of my devices will connect to it - they only connect to the main Time Capsule. The only device showing in the log of the Airport Express as being connected is the Time Capsule itself.

Anyone else want to chime in here?