PDA

View Full Version : option for strapping/holding ipad to Cardio machines?

10smom
May 1, 2010, 12:31 PM
Bring on the Smarty comments! :D I know they are coming!

I need a way to view my ipad while exercising on cardio equipment at the gym, without it fall off every 5 seconds. The ledge space is way to slim to even think about placing the ipad there and expecting it to stay. I have tried that with the phone and it slips off often.

I was think the Apple case may be an option and flipping over the top of the machine so it just hangs there but I still would want a way to secure it...

I would appreciate any suggestions.

10smom
May 1, 2010, 01:26 PM
NO one has come up with a solution for this yet? Surely there are many others wit intention of using the Ipad for this purpose. What has worked for you. Thanks

3goldens
May 1, 2010, 03:54 PM
I'm sure there will be armbands for it soon enough!

FirePak
May 1, 2010, 03:58 PM
My gym has these clear plastic shelf things that slide over the machine for reading a book or magazine. I'm pretty sure they would work fine with the iPad.

JCT
May 1, 2010, 06:52 PM
I'm sure there will be armbands for it soon enough!

Looking forward to that visual.

For the OP, I'm heading into the basement to setup a magazine stand on my elliptical tonight. I think that I am going to use two thin velcro "straps" to hold it on at the top and bottom.

JT

IceMacMac
Jun 13, 2011, 08:38 PM
I'm shocked...I've googled for 30 minutes to find a case with a strap...for use at the gym.

And found NOTHING.

3goldens
Jun 13, 2011, 11:14 PM
Did you look at the Otter utility strap, I think this could be used to rig to an elliptical machine.