Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gwynne

macrumors 68000
Mar 11, 2010
Bookworm and bejeweled aren't terrible, so other popcap games are probably okay.

r0k

macrumors 68040
Mar 3, 2008
Detroit
Because it's text based, docs2go doesn't look too bad. Neither does Olivetree biblereader. And fonts that would be silly small on iPhone are readable at 2x. Still, I'd rather have native versions of these 2 apps. I'm just saying they "aren't too bad."

Jkazmeyer

macrumors regular
May 2, 2010
Madison TN
Ff 2

I've been playing final fantasy 2 on my iPad & it looks amazing.... I thought for sure it was going to be awful.... But I was way wrong... Well worth your $$$, just wish I could transfer save games from my iPhone..

ClaireL

macrumors 6502a
Apr 4, 2010
New Jersey
I hope this thread grows and gets stickied.

Chaos Rings is not bad and is a great RPG

Inotia 2 could pass for a iPad game, looks fantastic

eTip

macrumors 6502
Mar 12, 2009
Scramble (word game) looks good enough & plays a lot better than on iPhone, IMHO.

illutionz

macrumors 65816
Oct 2, 2007
Rhode Island
I hope this thread grows and gets stickied.

Chaos Rings is not bad and is a great RPG

Inotia 2 could pass for a iPad game, looks fantastic

I am waiting for iPad version of Chaos Rings!!! I don't have iPhone anymore but I am a HUGE RPG fiend and cannot wait for that game :D

blackNBUK

macrumors 6502a
Feb 19, 2010
UK
If the rumours about the iPhone getting a double-resolution screen in the next refresh turn out to be true then the iPad x2 mode could get the same boost too. Instead of x2 mode being a pixel-doubling of the x1 mode the situation would be reversed and the x2 mode would be 1:1 with the new iPhone screen and the x1 mode would be a down-sampling.

If Apple chooses to do it like this on the iPad then text and other vector graphics would be smoother straightaway. Improvements to images would need the App's author to create new artwork, but that will be the case on the new iPhone too.

CarboysDesire

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2008
Las Vegas
I resisted putting any iPhone apps on my iPad until last night cuz I needed My 24 Hour Fitness gym app and I was surprised that it looks fine.

If any gays are using Grindr that one looks better than it does on the iPhone! So much better!

WDW

macrumors newbie
Apr 22, 2010
CT
I actually think Plants vs Zombies looks good enough in 2x that I haven't been at all tempted to buy the iPad version, which really surprised me.

Color Cross doesn't necessarily look fantastic in 2x, but it works so much better that way than native on the iPhone (I would always tap the wrong square because it was too small).

dancavallaro

macrumors regular
Jul 13, 2008
Geared and Rockband look pretty good, any others?

In case you're interested in spending another $5, there's now an iPad version of Geared out that takes advantage of the larger screen.

Also, Oregon Trail doesn't look too bad at 2x.

WilliamG

macrumors G3
Mar 29, 2008
Seattle
I actually think Plants vs Zombies looks good enough in 2x that I haven't been at all tempted to buy the iPad version, which really surprised me.

Color Cross doesn't necessarily look fantastic in 2x, but it works so much better that way than native on the iPhone (I would always tap the wrong square because it was too small).

See, I thought Plants vs Zombies looked terrible on the iPad. Deleted it after a few minutes. Am waiting for the iPad version to drop from its ridiculous $9.99 price. Also thought PuzzleQuest looked terrible, and Peggle. All blurry.

But maybe I'm picky. :)

byulasfjazz

macrumors regular
Jul 5, 2009
Actually

Monkeyball, crash kart, monopoly, chopper, HR battle.. all look pretty dang good.. some even better!!

MLB at bat 2010 is blurry but video looks awesome at 2x

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.