PDA

View Full Version : Apple case durability

Uabcar
May 1, 2010, 02:27 PM
So by now several of you have had your apple cases for a few weeks+. How does it seem to be wearing? Given the material, I'm worried about cracks/tears along the cover hinge points. Does it seem to be holding up? Does it seem like it will hold up over the long term?

Jmacman78
May 1, 2010, 02:56 PM
So far mine is holding up very well and looks new. However I am pretty careful with it. It may not be the ideal case for someone who is a bit rough on their devices. It can be a bit tough to clean sometimes. Overall I am very happy with it. I think I will need to have it for a while longer to really see how it holds up.

I am looking forward to the Otterbox commuter and defender cases for the iPad because those are what I use on my iPhone.

nasa25
May 1, 2010, 04:07 PM
It's holding up like a champ since April 3rd.

Uabcar
May 1, 2010, 04:14 PM
So far mine is holding up very well and looks new. However I am pretty careful with it. It may not be the ideal case for someone who is a bit rough on their devices. It can be a bit tough to clean sometimes. Overall I am very happy with it. I think I will need to have it for a while longer to really see how it holds up.

I am looking forward to the Otterbox commuter and defender cases for the iPad because those are what I use on my iPhone.

Hey- thanks for taking the time to reply. I would prob categorize myself as similar to you in that I'm pretty easy on things as well. I really like the slim form factor of the apple product. Given apples rep for good quality product, I assume they put the thing through the paces.

BossHogg
May 1, 2010, 05:56 PM
Mine comes in and out of my bag, open / closed, carried from meeting to meeting, reading & watching on the train and then surfing on the couch every day. Looks new. :D

sonofpismo
May 2, 2010, 06:02 AM
I have been using the Apple Case since April 3rd, and have even taken some flights with it. It looks brand new. I wipe it with a damp cloth once a week or so. It works quite well, although it can pick up dust and moisture rather easily.

Since I use my iPad mainly around the house, I am planing on switching to an Incipio Feather backing... if they ever ship it!

But I will always use the Apple Case when I travel. The stand functionality is perfect for flights.

I also use an Incase Sleeve Plus for added protection when traveling.