PDA

View Full Version : PB wont pair with MS BT mouse.

overheated
Sep 28, 2004, 05:54 PM
i have had my 17" PB rev "c" for a couple of months now. i have used my MS BT mouse with it since the day that i bought it. for the last couple of weeks however i have been unable to get the mouse and laptop paired up again. the mouse shows in the proporties as a paired device. the indicator along the top bar of the screen does not show that a connection is made between the two. if i restart the PB, about 50% of the time initially the mouse is connected however soon (within a minute) the connection is "lost". i will attempt at that point to reconnect but it never does. it stilll shows as a paired device but no joy. i have (of course) installed new batteries in the mouse and have put the mouse back onto a windows system where is work fine. the only thing that i am thinking at this point is that one of the recent apple provided updates has affected the mouses connection.

looking for any help you pros can lend or suggest.

RubberChicken
Sep 28, 2004, 06:31 PM
I'm running all the latest updates and my MS BT Mouse still works fine. It loses the connection regularly, as it always has, but refinds it by moving the mouse. I suggest deleting the pairing first, then redo it. I see to remember that fixing a similar issue for me ages ago. Make a new account and see if it works on that, maybe prefs are corrupt.

Jo-Kun
Sep 30, 2004, 08:03 AM
I had the same withmy BT MS mouse... now I don't have the mouse anymore, but what I can tell you is that when battery tension gets low -even tough you still see the led and its in the devices- you can't pair with it.

but since you tell me you replaced the batteries... hmmmmz then I don't know what the problem really is...

overheated
Oct 1, 2004, 07:33 AM
upon further review......

in an effort to get some closure to this issue i took the mouse back to the pc that it came from, attempted to reconnect to make sure i was still dealing with a viable unit BUT this time it did not work. i struggled with it for about 15 minutes and then tok the whole shooting match back to BestBuy, without a box, manual, or install CD and they graicously looked up my buying history (which is huge) and promptly refunded my money.... i spent several hours looking for a replacement solutuion, became discuragged with what was availible, and the ordered the new version of the same mouse through amazon. it should arrive in a couple of days and i should be back to where i started at (that being making Steve Jobs and Bill Gates co-habitate on the same machine) :rolleyes:

i sure hope that apple gets over thier stance of "you don't need a two button mouse to be productive" and joins the rest of the world. a two button mouse in my opinion makes me far more productive.

have a good day.