PDA

View Full Version : Apple case, how strong are the seams?

California King
May 1, 2010, 03:43 PM
Just got my Apple case yesterday and I'm loving it, but one problem I have it how difficult it is to take out. Since I much prefer the keyboard dock over a Bluetooth keyboard (personal preference), I have to take it out of the case quite often. Do you guys think the seams are strong enough to withhold the stress of taking it in and out all the time. It feels to be pretty solid, but just like to hear what you guys think and perhaps some tips? :)

Thanks.

nasa25
May 1, 2010, 04:03 PM
For what it's worth I take my iPad out of the case every few days to clean the dust that gets trapped under the edges of the apple case. The seams seem pretty sturdy so far. I must have taken the ipad from it's case 10 times so far and all is good. You shouldn't have a problem with it.

xraytech
May 2, 2010, 12:39 AM
Just got my Apple case yesterday and I'm loving it, but one problem I have it how difficult it is to take out. Since I much prefer the keyboard dock over a Bluetooth keyboard (personal preference), I have to take it out of the case quite often. Do you guys think the seams are strong enough to withhold the stress of taking it in and out all the time. It feels to be pretty solid, but just like to hear what you guys think and perhaps some tips? :)

Thanks.

Very sturdy.

peetah
May 2, 2010, 07:31 PM
Sadly, the seam on the long edge of mine started to unweld itself after a week. The Apple store was quite happy to take it back and give me a new one.

lachyg
May 3, 2010, 05:28 AM
I have found that mine is doing fantastically, no real evidence of ware. I'm sure if anything goes wrong, Apple will replace it without fault.

Clix Pix
May 3, 2010, 11:48 AM
I have taken my iPad in-and-out of the case many times and there are no signs of wear. It is quite well made.

AR15MBP
May 3, 2010, 11:59 AM
gotta agree with the sentiment. i think it's very well made. very functional. dirt magnet, but i think it's very strong, even after a month of taking it out and in of the case.

Nausicaa
May 3, 2010, 01:04 PM
I really like the Apple case, but this was one of my main concerns. I find myself really yanking on the fabric to get the iPad out since it is such a tight fit (sometimes I even worry about squeezing the iPad too strongly). I hope it stays tight and keeps its form down the road. I also agree that the material they used, while it looks nice when clean and has a great feel, dirties way too quickly. I wish more case designers would copy Apple's design with different materials and features (pockets, pen holder).

sracer
May 3, 2010, 01:13 PM

Thanks.
I recommend modifying the case to trim off a small section of the back of the case so that it can easily fit onto the keyboard dock. I took a more conservative approach (removing 1.75" x 3.25" section) and so I can use it in the dock without removing it from the case. A few others found that by removing a smaller section (.5" x 3.25") is sufficient.

search the forum for case modifications for instructions (there's a rigid spine that needs to be retained)

California King
May 4, 2010, 05:33 PM
I recommend modifying the case to trim off a small section of the back of the case so that it can easily fit onto the keyboard dock. I took a more conservative approach (removing 1.75" x 3.25" section) and so I can use it in the dock without removing it from the case. A few others found that by removing a smaller section (.5" x 3.25") is sufficient.

search the forum for case modifications for instructions (there's a rigid spine that needs to be retained)

Never! haha

I found a nice video of the quickest way to take the iPad out of the case. Works very well for me:

Skip to 1:12
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iO442dwZTro