PDA

View Full Version : NY 5th Avenue Help buying iPad 3G

dizel1024
May 1, 2010, 06:26 PM
Hi,

I am from Israel and I need help of the local people to buy iPad 3G as it this just 2 per credit card and it will be only available here in July so many of the local Apple community need your help!!.

I need 27 People with credit card to help I am willing to pay 25$ per each iPad bought.
The only place there are in stock if the General store in 5th Ave

Please contact me or via here or via dizel1024@gmx.com

347 759 1457

Thanks

Ido

dino26
May 2, 2010, 11:15 AM
Let us know how you get on man , though when you go back to Israel you will probally get stung by customs

melman101
May 2, 2010, 12:56 PM
Hahaha. Good luck with that bro.

dino26
May 2, 2010, 03:15 PM
Why don't you go round all 3 apple stores in the city , then go around all the best buy stores and then some other tech stores.

rdowns
May 2, 2010, 03:26 PM
Why don't you go round all 3 apple stores in the city , then go around all the best buy stores and then some other tech stores.

There are 4 Apple Stores in Manhattah. :p

dino26
May 2, 2010, 04:15 PM
There are 4 Apple Stores in Manhattah. :p

Even more reason 4 apple stores and then think of all the best buys

...americans help me out here there is a store in NY that does electronics.....SNAP just came to me there its called JR Electronics !

jmdeegan
May 2, 2010, 09:47 PM
Even more reason 4 apple stores and then think of all the best buys

...americans help me out here there is a store in NY that does electronics.....SNAP just came to me there its called JR Electronics !

Actually there are more than 4 stores in NYC--in manhattan proper, yes just those 4, but staten island has one, i don't think any other borough does yet tho

and beyond those and best buy, save your gas. J and R does not carry the iPad as of yet. accessories only.

dizel1024
May 2, 2010, 10:48 PM
Thanks pps

the biggest issue is when you buy 2 with one credit it blocked in all stores and they don't accept cash...

Best Buy sold out

dino26
May 3, 2010, 06:15 AM
Thanks pps

the biggest issue is when you buy 2 with one credit it blocked in all stores and they don't accept cash...

Best Buy sold out

Have you tried all the best buys in Manhattan ?

Search JR Electronics (They have a few stores , and even one in macys herald square i believe) ? , ask if you can use prepaid debit cards ?

dizel1024
May 3, 2010, 07:15 AM
Tried all Best buy does JR electronics have them?

jmdeegan
May 3, 2010, 10:20 AM
Tried all Best buy does JR electronics have them?

As mentioned a few posts above, no. J and R does not carry them. Only Best Buy and Apple stores.

jmdeegan
May 3, 2010, 10:21 AM
Have you tried all the best buys in Manhattan ?

Search JR Electronics (They have a few stores , and even one in macys herald square i believe) ? , ask if you can use prepaid debit cards ?

J and R only has one store, per se. It's departments are sometimes in seperate buildings, but it's really just one sprawling complex. It's apple section is on the 4th floor, not a ton of stuff there, I'd argue it's on par with the Apple section @ a typical best buy. Maybe a bit more stuff, but not significantly so.

Pared
May 3, 2010, 10:35 AM
This sounds like such a scam.

dino26
May 3, 2010, 10:47 AM
This sounds like such a scam.

At first thats what i thought , though i think the OP is just trying to buy loads to sell in Israel but has realised he has got himself into a sticky situation once he realised its only 2 per customer.

To OP have you tried calling ALL best buys in Manhattan ?