PDA

View Full Version : iPod Touch problem

OscarTheGrouch
May 1, 2010, 06:52 PM
Daughter's Touch is kinda fouled up. not connecting to the computer to charge or connect for itunes. Looks like one of the pins in the bottom is broken. Is this device beyond help? Has a crack in the screen but I think it's unrelated.

ARF900
May 1, 2010, 06:57 PM
Are you using mac or PC? Do you have another charge cable you could try? Do you have one of those plug adapters to charge from the wall?

OscarTheGrouch
May 1, 2010, 07:02 PM
Are you using mac or PC? Do you have another charge cable you could try? Do you have one of those plug adapters to charge from the wall?

PC's. Have tried 4 apple cables and a cheap walmart one. also tried our wall charger, but it doesnt work. Though that doesnt say much it wont charge my wifes touch either.

Still under warranty, but I'm sure apple wont cover it cause of the crack, even though I don't believe they are related.

yellow
May 3, 2010, 09:34 AM
[Moved to iPod Touch SubForum]

miles01110
May 3, 2010, 09:36 AM
Pin problems are bad. Is the pin broken off completely (and missing), or just bent? If it's bent you might be able to use a small screwdriver to bend it back to a point where you can get it working again. If it's broken you're most likely looking at replacing the entire unit. Applecare won't cover a broken pin anyway, as it doesn't cover accidental damage.

You might look and see if your homeowner's insurance or your credit card covers things like that, though.

OscarTheGrouch
May 3, 2010, 09:39 AM
Pin problems are bad. Is the pin broken off completely (and missing), or just bent? If it's bent you might be able to use a small screwdriver to bend it back to a point where you can get it working again. If it's broken you're most likely looking at replacing the entire unit. Applecare won't cover a broken pin anyway, as it doesn't cover accidental damage.

You might look and see if your homeowner's insurance or your credit card covers things like that, though.

I'm pretty sure it's still there, but bent flush. I feel like an attempt at bending it back would just break it off. I figured it was toast, but thought I would ask.

Cash was paid for it around X-mas, and really, our deductible is like 500, so wouldn't cover this anyway.

miles01110
May 3, 2010, 09:40 AM
I'm pretty sure it's still there, but bent flush. I feel like an attempt at bending it back would just break it off. I figured it was toast, but thought I would ask.

Well you've got nothing to lose :p

Cash was paid for it around X-mas, and really, our deductible is like 500, so wouldn't cover this anyway.

Ah, I see. I thought about mentioning those two issues, but figured you'd realize it anyway. Damn deductibles :p

Halliesue
May 3, 2010, 04:08 PM
I am posting this for my dad. He just got an ipod touch and already has an ipod shuffle.
First off, is there any way to transfer all of his songs from the shuffle to the itouch? I can't even get the shuffle to just play songs on itunes, all the songs are greyed out. I found a tip that said if you click on DEVICES on itunes, you will see 4 checkboxes and you would be able to manually manage the music. Well, that doesn't even come up when I click on the shuffle.
If there is any advice anyone has, that would be great. I have been trying to figure this out for hours and have gotten nowhere. HELP!!!

hateipod
May 3, 2010, 09:48 PM
Help...my son just bought a 32 g ipod touch and loaded it with songs from his brothers mac book. He downloaded some free apps (games) and they will not sync to the ipod. We made sure that the mac had the most current edition of itunes. Any suggestions?:confused: