Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

p005474n

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 1, 2010
I went out and bought Frozen Throne and Warcraft III. I also have a load of DotA maps, but i can't play them. My current version of TFT is 1.07. I have downloaded multiple patches but none of them work. Whenever I open them they can't mount a file to the disk or some crap. My real question is how do I patch a game on the mac. Please help!

iMacDragon

macrumors 68020
Oct 18, 2008
UK
might be easier to register the cdkeys on battle.net and download installers from there?

p005474n

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 1, 2010
Tried that aswell but it won't connect. I'm pretty sure my internets way too slow for online gaming. I only use it for work.

Edit: It says that I can't download a file because my hardrive is full. I checked it and i have 92.66 GB free.

macfanboy

macrumors 6502a
Jun 5, 2007
Tried that aswell but it won't connect. I'm pretty sure my internets way too slow for online gaming. I only use it for work.

Edit: It says that I can't download a file because my hardrive is full. I checked it and i have 92.66 GB free.

you have to be an administrator on the computer.

p005474n

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 1, 2010
I am. Another curious thing happened. I tried to make a single-player profile. When I clicked 'create' it said that there wasn't enough file space, yet it made the profile. Now I'm pretty sure that means that there's something majorly wrong.

Joneswilliamsc

macrumors newbie
May 4, 2010
Well I have just read your post I having no how can we do it on Mac. But I have download it on my Window. It works on Windows properly but not I also want to know how can we do it on mac because one of my friend having mac and he is playing well on it but I don't know how he has done it.

Slux

macrumors member
Apr 27, 2010
I am. Another curious thing happened. I tried to make a single-player profile. When I clicked 'create' it said that there wasn't enough file space, yet it made the profile. Now I'm pretty sure that means that there's something majorly wrong.

Are you certain that you are logged in with an Administrator account? I used to get that exact symptom when running TFT using my daughter's (non-admin) account.

Regardless, coincidentally I just patched up my TFT last night. I downloaded the full patch installer from the battle.net support web page and ran it from the Warcraft III folder and it patched with no issues.

On a different but related note, does anyone else get very long delays after clicking "Battle Net" on the main menu? It still eventually connects but the delay seems to be well over a minute.

p005474n

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 1, 2010
Hey guys, just letting you know, I fixed it! Figured out what was wrong. I changed my account to administrator a long time ago, but it didn't work. So I tried using the original account (original admin) and it worked. Weird, but I don't really care.

BTW yes, I got massive delays from Battle net. Probably just my internet though...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.