Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Original poster
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
Title pretty much says it all.

I've been fairly self envolved since picking up one of these beauties myself, but was surprised by the level of sudden drop out in this sub section of the fora. Especially from the big name regulars (you know who you are)....

So what's happening all? What are you playing?

Well apart from iPad games, vie been playing a few new titles.

Splinter Cell : Conviction. - enjoying it more than I thought, but even on easy mode trying to play the game in anyway stealthy is hard work for me.

Liitle Big Planet : GOTY. Ok so it was out stateside for a while, but the uk version only came out couple of weeks. Very disappointed with the so called extra content bundled with it. Considering the absolutely mammoth amounts of content for the game on PSN I was expecting a lot more bundled content, however repackaging the entire game with so little I'm wishing I never rebought it.

Sonic Racing, it's been out a while but I'm still really enjoying it. A good fun game that is essentially pure pick up and play.

Metro 2033, moody and dark and I don't mean my bedroom ;) this game is a very good first person shooter. Some great ideas, some work, some fail but at least it try.

Just Cause 2, just so much to do in this game and so much to be distracted by. Whilst I can not play the game religiously as it does tend to get repetitive, by playing it for shortish intervals is rewarding. They did a fabulous job on the graphics front considering the games size and open world.

Other mentions, Final Fantasy XIII, GOW 3 and Star Ocean

So come on guys, get your bums back in this section and let us know you are all alive & well.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
I'm readdicted to TF2 once again. Stopped playing when all my buddies moved onto L4D, but then L4D2 came out and everyone moved onto that except me (it's great, just not as great as the first).

Also hooked on Defense Grid: The Awakening. Loves me some tower defence games and this one is probably the highest quality one going. Currently stuck on the last mission. It's a doozy.

Pokemon HeartGold is taking everything else up. 52 hours in and on Mt Silver! Actually had a minigamingbreakdown at how freakin vast that game is. When Kanto was opened I was just :| "BWAH?" and had so many sidequests and stuff unfinished that I gave up thinking I'd never finish it :D.

And Rock Band 2. :3

SevenInchScrew

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2007
Omaha
Here is my list of recent stuff...

----------------------

Halo: Reach Beta - So far, so good. Even with all the changes, it still "feels" like Halo to me, and that is good. The changes will take some time to really get used to and learn all the nuances, but so far I'm loving it.

Borderlands - This game is just amazing. I now have one of all 4 different characters started, and I enjoy playing each one. My main character is Mordecai, who I am currently at level 44 with, and about mid-way through the 2nd playthrough. Fun game solo, but it is just an absolute blast co-op.

Mass Effect 2 - Just started playing this yesterday, but I only played for about an hour, so not much to report on yet. I messed with the first one, but never really got into it. So far though, it seems like the game is quite good. I read up on the story from the first one, so I'm up to speed there. Just need some more time to get into this one.

Left 4 Dead 2: The Passing - I love anything L4D related, so I got this DLC right when it came out. It is a shorter 3 chapter campaign, not the usual 5, but they are fairly long chapters. The new weapons are fun, the new "Uncommon Infected" is pretty awesome, and the few new modes and levels for multiplayer are good.

PixelJunk Monsters - I've had this forever, but just never really got into it, so recently I decided to change that. As someone who loves "Tower Defense" games, this game fits the bill quite nicely. It is a neat twist on the genre. I'm still not real good at it yet, but I'm getting better. With a little more time to perfect my layouts, this game could become really addictive.

spyker3292

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2005
Michigan
I'm playing a couple games at the moment.....

Just Cause 2 (PS3) - Finished the story mode, so now I just mess around and complete extra missions.

Uncharted 2 (PS3) - Recently got re-addicted to the multiplayer.

Splinter Cell Conviction (360) - Beat the game, but I love co-op and single player missions.

Battlefield BC2 (360) - Playing online every once in a while.

and since I got my new MacBook Pro (i7) I've been playing a few more games on my comp.

StarCraft II Beta - LOVEEEEEEE

Sims 3 - Got the expansion super cheap, and I've always liked playing a little Sims.

And this month I'll be getting the Halo Reach Beta, Steam for Mac, 3D Dot Game Heroes, Red Dead Redemption, and maybe ModNation Racers. I also traded in some old games on Amazon, so those 3 games won't cost me a cent.

Taustin Powers

macrumors 6502
Apr 5, 2005
I too noticed it's gotten rather quiet around here!

I thought about picking up Sonic Racing as the demo was fun, but I'm waiting to see how Little Big Racer, er, I mean Modnation Racer turns out.

I've mostly been playing two games:

Skate 2: Picked it up for 20 bucks after playing the Skate 3 demo. Lots of fun!

Just Cause 2: I think I've only done like two story missions, I just spend my time goofing around. Fun!

peskaa

macrumors 68020
Mar 13, 2008
London, UK
Final Fantasy XIII - finished single player ages ago, now going for 100% completion

Battlefield Bad Company 2 - finished single player at the weekend, now attempting to plough in to MP, but having connection drop outs :(

X3: Reunion - yeah, trying to play, and floundering with a lack of tutorial

Heavy Rain - went in the drive yesterday

In the to play queue? Bioshock 2, X3: Terran Conflict, Tropico 3 & CoD 4

Looking forward to Steam: Mac, when I'll pick up L4D2, and the PS3 release of ModNation Racers

sikkinixx

macrumors 68020
Jul 10, 2005
Rocketing through the sky!
hmmmmmmmmmmmm

FFXIII still... Almost to chapter 11, so the tutorial is about over after 25 hours!

Pixel Junk Shooter, got it on the $5 sale. Fantastic as always from Q

Trying to download the whopping 17GB Liberty City Stories from Steam... goddam...

Moved back in with the folks for a few months while the gf gets her job sorted out (long story of ******** employers) so haven't played too much. All I know is their interwebz suck... 1.5mbps down is horrid.

Nuck81

macrumors regular
Oct 15, 2009
Western Kentucky
Just Cause 2 It gets repetitive so I usually play till I die or crash.

Batman: AA Tons of fun, replay it every few weeks, on about my eighth play through

Need For Speed: Shift My Favorite game this gen

Sonic and Sega Allstars, still play online, like it better than marioKart, less hackers

Next up is Red Dead Redemption already pre ordered, it should last me for a long while, I haven't played much recently I've been golfing about four hours a day before and after school, and we are getting ready for the new bunch of kids next year...

Dead Panda

macrumors member
Apr 14, 2010
I've been playing the Skate 3 Demo or Modern Warfare 2.

I'm still waiting for the MW2 Map Pack (May 7th) and Skate 3 (May 11th), but I don't know how much of these games I'll be playing when Red Dead Redemption drops on May 18th. Sooo much stuff coming out soon! GAAAH.

I got extremely bored with Just Cause 2. After blowing a few things up, you don't get excited for it anymore. I guess it's just not the game for me.

takao

macrumors 68040
Dec 25, 2003
Dornbirn (Austria)
i suspect the onslaught of games is more responsible for the quiter times

personally i veterend 3 tiems on MAG, finished the single palyer games of BF BC2,the saboteur, heavy rain, Uncharted 1, and currently i'm fighting my way through far cry 2 to finish that thing for once and for all

Dead Panda

macrumors member
Apr 14, 2010
i suspect the onslaught of games is more responsible for the quiter times

personally i veterend 3 tiems on MAG, finished the single palyer games of BF BC2,the saboteur, heavy rain, Uncharted 1, and currently i'm fighting my way through far cry 2 to finish that thing for once and for all

Uncharted 1? I'm assuming you've already beaten Uncharted 2, unless you're playing them in order so you haven't even played Uncharted 2 yet. I suggest you pick up Uncharted 2 if you haven't played it. It's a very good game.

Taustin Powers

macrumors 6502
Apr 5, 2005
I thought about picking up Sonic Racing as the demo was fun, but I'm waiting to see how Little Big Racer, er, I mean Modnation Racer turns out.

Looks like I did well to wait. First reviews are giving it straight 9's, it looks great! Now the big question is...do I go against my strong opinion on preorder bonuses and preorder it for Sackboy?! :mad:

JackAxe

macrumors 68000
Jul 6, 2004
In a cup of orange juice.
I haven't been playing much. I did play a few missions in Mass Effect 2. I installed Dragon Age: Awakening, but have yet to play it.

I also bought Dirt 2, Fuel, and TCO, or something racer from STEAM for about $16. I already have Dirt and GRID, so only bought the ones I didn't have.

AND I finally started up on Zelda Spirit Tracks. This game is FUN! :)

I went to the Apple store 3 weeks ago and saw a table displaying these GIGANTIC iPod Touches. I tried one out, but wasn't sure why anyone would want one, unless their vision was quite poor. :p

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Original poster
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
So exactly what AAA games can you play on the iPad? ;)

I've been playing a lot of Real Racing HD, plants v zombies HD, Godfinger, Civilization Revolution, Geometry Wars HD etc....

I love the iPad :D

Sonic racing is fun, bought it on the 360. I will be buying ModNation on the Ps3 and looking forward to 3D dot heroes too.

txa1265

macrumors 65816
Aug 15, 2002
Corning, NY
I've been playing a lot of Real Racing HD, plants v zombies HD, Godfinger, Civilization Revolution, Geometry Wars HD etc....

Me too - hasn't stopped me playing other stuff. Aside from what you mention, I'm also playing Heavy Gunner, Knights RTS, Fieldrunners, NOVA, Battle for Wesnoth, and just finished the first Sam & Max episode ...

But I still am playing other stuff as well:
- Netbook - Icewind Dale ... classic
- PC - Metro 2033 ... like STALKER games better, but this is still pretty fun
- Mac - Dragon Age ... it was time to replay again ... :)
- DS - Infinite Space ... cool RPG
- PSP - Dark Forces (PSx) ... the classic never gets old!

Huntn

macrumors Core
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains

Sonic racing is fun, bought it on the 360. I will be buying ModNation on the Ps3 and looking forward to 3D dot heroes too.

Whats the deal on the ipad graphics? Do ipad graphics support shaders? I assume all games written for it have low graphic requirements. It's like don't plan on playing Crysis on it. ;)

As far as what games I've been playing- Toy Soldiers (Xbox), Dragon Age Origins (PC), KOTOR (Steam).

Antares

macrumors 68000
Whatever happened to raggedjimmi? :confused::(

I'm still playing Super Mario Bros Wii and GOW2 (from GOW Collection)

In the immediate queue is Assassins Creed 2 and Tales of Symphonia (Wii one) and Mad World.

I've been watching too much tv and reading too many books. Games temporarily fell by the wayside.

apfhex

macrumors 68030
Aug 8, 2006
Northern California
AND I finally started up on Zelda Spirit Tracks. This game is FUN! :)
Definitely better than Phantom Hourglass, but the structure was a little too similar IMO (well... since I'd just played Hourglass a month before ;)). Great music though.

I've been playing...

Final Fantasy XIII - still in the "tutorial" section of the game, chapter 8 or 9 I think.

Flower - Only takes a couple hours but a must for the PS3 I think.

Cave Story WiiWare - Well I finished it because it's not long. But worth getting even if the PC/Mac one is free.

Alan Wake - ehhh it's not out quite yet but I happen to know someone's getting it for me for my birthday the weekend after release. :D

But actually I've been more distracted by TV and books. Spartacus: Blood and Sand is really good as is GITS Stand Alone Complex, and I just finished up A Feast For Crows, bringing a temporary end to what feels like years of solid fantasy series reading (Wheel of Time books 1-12 and then Song of Ice & Fire 1-4).

SevenInchScrew

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2007
Omaha
From what I heard he gloriously vanished after attempting to stop an inferno from engulfing the Urth.
iswydt.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.