Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

marksandvig

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 21, 2006
Hey all, this morning I woke up and my iPhone 3G was fully charged, yet the charge icon was gone. I went ahead and went throughout the day but I noticed it wouldn't charge on my car charger. I took it home and have tried several different chargers and computer USB ports to no avail. I also tried hard rebooting it and the computer still doesn't read it. I plan on purchasing the new iPhone in a month or so but was wondering if anyone had this problem before and knew of any remedies?

-aggie-

macrumors P6
Jun 19, 2009
Where bunnies are welcome.
OP, after you do all that, which probably won't fix your icon issue or your battery not charging, if you still have issues restore in DFU mode and setup as new and then sync. If you're under warranty take it to Apple if you still have problems.

CylonGlitch

macrumors 68030
Jul 7, 2009
Nashville
I had this problem with 4.0B2. The only solution I had was to hard reset (hold the home and the top button at the same time until it reset). When in this mode, I couldn't get it to even power off normally. :(

Beta3 seems to have this fixed.

dianewaren

macrumors newbie
May 5, 2010
THhis all are helpful tips. I have a common problem to and this help me. I went to Apple store to fix it and my iPhone was on warranty mode so no mores charges anymore..:)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.