PDA

View Full Version : Love the Apple case but...

Lakeland*won
May 2, 2010, 05:38 AM
I finally picked up the Apple case after being sold out at both of my local Apple stores. Here is my review:

1) I like the style of it. Its sleek and grippy.
2) The multi position is awesome
3) I dont mind the edging that Apple did on the sides. To me, it appears to be a buffer in case of a drop or it may absorb some impact.
4) Its not a "throw it in a bag" type case. I place mine in a Swiss net book case for added protection and it fits wonderfully. I picked the Swiss case up at staples for 20 or 25 bucks
5) it does show some dust and dirt but wipes away pretty easily
6) I think it is a 20 dollar case. not a 40 case but overall is the most functional yet.

MrDeeds
May 2, 2010, 05:49 AM
I agree with you.
I find it hard to understand why there so much hate for this case.

Even though the apple case itself is overpriced, every other case worth getting costs even more.

I thought I was going to grab a belkin grip vue when I bought my iPad but when I realized I'd still have to purchase a neoprene case that option became too costly.

Mjmar
May 2, 2010, 05:52 AM
I agree. I went 2 weeks without the case and found the iPad difficult to hold for long periods of time. With the case you can just rest it on your lap.

Advil
May 2, 2010, 06:01 AM
I keep hearing mixed reviews and it's quite annoying. I'm thinking of going to an apple store/best buy and asking to handle it myself. Do you guys think they'd let me do that since they don't have any unopened ones?

larryj
May 2, 2010, 06:40 AM
I keep hearing mixed reviews and it's quite annoying. I'm thinking of going to an apple store/best buy and asking to handle it myself. Do you guys think they'd let me do that since they don't have any unopened ones?

When I bought my iPad, the store employee opened an Apple case to let me check it out. I ended up buying it but had the option of passing on it.

rablat
May 2, 2010, 07:16 AM

Most of the Apple stores are starting to use the iPad as the concierge device(scheduling appointments etc...) and most I have seen all have the case on it. So I think your chances if being able to handle one in the case is pretty good.

Lakeland*won
May 2, 2010, 07:35 AM

I was the same way. You will like it. The only downside is the price in mho.

Mezzo43
May 2, 2010, 07:45 AM
Most of the Apple stores are starting to use the iPad as the concierge device(scheduling appointments etc...) and most I have seen all have the case on it. So I think your chances if being able to handle one in the case is pretty good.

Yes, that was true at the Apple store that I was at the other day. I wanted to see the Apple case in action before buying it. (I bought th Apple case and I do like it. I'm using the Apple case with an InCase net book zipper sleeve 10.2 inches.)

LinMac
May 2, 2010, 07:47 AM
I bought the Apple case and had it since the WIFI launch day. It is an elegantly implemented iPad case with the price being the only flaw.

I use it as a "throw in the bag" case, but some might not feel comfortable with that. :D

Sailorloco
May 2, 2010, 08:27 AM
I agree with OP and don't really mind the price but I was disappointed when I got mine and noticed it didn't have way to keep the lid closed ie..magnet, Velcro or snap button. So gonna make my own..just gonna use some velcro.

Mando

normwood
May 2, 2010, 08:29 AM

I was able to try one out this way before both my Apple case and iPad arrived. I felt like a dork asking.....and I must have been the first to ask this particular guy....but he let me.

It's a nice case but I doubt it will be my last. I like the folio aspect and the stand options, but it just seems a little flimsy. I would like to find something with similar features that is a little beefier but will still fit in the Tom Bihn Risstretto that will be here Tuesday.

Steve

ddivinia
May 4, 2010, 12:29 PM
I finally picked up the Apple case after being sold out at both of my local Apple stores. Here is my review:

1) I like the style of it. Its sleek and grippy.
2) The multi position is awesome
3) I dont mind the edging that Apple did on the sides. To me, it appears to be a buffer in case of a drop or it may absorb some impact.
4) Its not a "throw it in a bag" type case. I place mine in a Swiss net book case for added protection and it fits wonderfully. I picked the Swiss case up at staples for 20 or 25 bucks
5) it does show some dust and dirt but wipes away pretty easily
6) I think it is a 20 dollar case. not a 40 case but overall is the most functional yet.

Overall the case is OK.

It has to be removed to use the ipad keyboard dock...what a hassle.

D.