Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bigalke45

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 8, 2008
No idea if this would work or not, but if you put a black plastic strip on the back of an iPhone that has an aluminum casing, would that solve reception issues? Not only that, but I think an aluminum casing with a black strip on the back like the iPad would look really nice along with a black apple logo on the back. Thanks for any opinions

thelatinist

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2009
Connecticut, USA
No idea if this would work or not, but if you put a black plastic strip on the back of an iPhone that has an aluminum casing, would that solve reception issues? Not only that, but I think an aluminum casing with a black strip on the back like the iPad would look really nice along with a black apple logo on the back. Thanks for any opinions

Ever seen an original iPhone? Its case was designed just as you describe. I imagine if that were adequate they would not have moved away from that design.

cowsrus

macrumors 6502
Mar 17, 2008
here i made a very detailed mock up of what you are describing
iphone-back.jpg

So elegant and innovative, like something the world has never seen 3 years ago

personally I have fallen in love with some of the reworks of the prototype iPhone people have made

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.