PDA

View Full Version : iPad 10W power on iPhone = a bit longer battery life?

hh83917
May 2, 2010, 02:54 PM
I'm not sure if this is right but I've fully charged my iPhone 3GS last night with the 10W charger/cable included in the iPad 3G I've received a few days ago. And since last night I unplugged it, brush, went to bed and woke up at 1pm this afternoon... (oh comeon, it's Sunday:p), made 2 unanswered phone calls, and open up a few Apps, the battery stays at 100% (now 2:50pm).

My iPhone 3GS is from last year when it first came out, so the battery doesn't usually last as long as a brand new phone. And usually when I have it fully charged at night on my Mac or with the iPhone mini power adapter, it drops to 99% or 98% when I wake up from bed in the morning.

So I was just wondering if there is really any reality in using the 10W iPad adapter making the iPhone charge "fuller" than the lower powered adapter...:confused:

miles01110
May 2, 2010, 02:55 PM
Nope. Battery capacity is a function of the battery, not the charger.

Gav2k
May 2, 2010, 02:58 PM
Maybe your standard charger plus your charge times where off. Leaving my phone at 100% for a few hours helps make it last longer.

xraytech
May 2, 2010, 03:22 PM
The size of the battery factors into how fast it drains. Bigger battery = Slower drain