Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Davidman51

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 2, 2010
Hello people, I've been looking for awhile, and cannot seem to find any program that allows me to increase the sound past the maximum level for my mac. If anyone knows of one, I'd really appreciate it if you told me.

I would also like to know if there is a program that will increase the power on the microphone to make it hear more sounds. I want to know just how good it can be. Thanks.

spinnerlys

Sep 7, 2008
forlod bygningen
You mean you want to amplify the sound output of your system or of an audio track?

Whatever audio recording program you use, Garage Band or maybe even Audacity, they offer to increase the input level, but as the built in microphone is not the best quality, any level amplification will only produce noise, so you haven't gained anything.

Why don't you use an external sound system for sound output?

DaveF

macrumors 6502a
Aug 29, 2007
NoVA
Hello people, I've been looking for awhile, and cannot seem to find any program that allows me to increase the sound past the maximum level for my mac. If anyone knows of one, I'd really appreciate it if you told me.

I would also like to know if there is a program that will increase the power on the microphone to make it hear more sounds. I want to know just how good it can be. Thanks.

If you need louder output volume, you'll need an external amplifier and speakers.

If you need higher quality recording, you can buy an external microphone. Here are some suggestions: http://mbwpicks.com/finder/index.php?keyword=microphone&who=&showtype=

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.