PDA

View Full Version : Original: What iPhone 4 Should Look Like, Modo Renderings

jihuiwen
May 2, 2010, 07:45 PM
A couple of renderings of what I think the new iPhone should look like based on the current iPad design and the iPhone 4 prototype uncovered by Gizmodo.
Enjoy:D
Everything was done in Luxology Modo 401

trekkie604
May 2, 2010, 07:55 PM
Nice. I really like the rocker switch. The round ones on the prototype are hideous.

longball11
May 2, 2010, 07:59 PM
cool! now let's see one with the verizon wireless logo on it.

MICHAELSD
May 2, 2010, 08:23 PM
I like the white back. I've chosen the black back on the previous two iPhones, but I'm not sure about this one.

cleanup
May 2, 2010, 09:01 PM
These are really well done! Bravo!

SchneiderMan
May 2, 2010, 10:27 PM
I agree it looks much better, and i think this is what Apple will change to, just like the iPads bezel.

Xavier
May 2, 2010, 10:45 PM
I like these a lot more then the rumored next generation iphone look

nick1516
May 2, 2010, 11:00 PM
Am I missing something, because all I see different is the volume rocker and rounded bezel, which I do think looks better though.

jihuiwen
May 2, 2010, 11:07 PM
Am I missing something, because all I see different is the volume rocker and rounded bezel, which I do think looks better though.

You are missing the difference between a three layered sandwich design and an aluminum frame design with beveled edges that extends all the way to the edges of the front and back bezel. And also the difference between with or without black seams on the frame.:rolleyes:

One of the reasons I believe for the seams found on the prototype iPhone is that, if you pay attention to their positions and arrangements, they made it possible to take out the part of the frame that encloses the giant round volume buttons.(Maybe replace it with a pair of different buttons later on?)

St0rMl0rD
May 3, 2010, 02:49 AM
http://att.macrumors.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=224710&d=1272847245

I think you hit the nail with this one.

-J

jaykk
May 3, 2010, 02:54 AM
I like the white back. I've chosen the black back on the previous two iPhones, but I'm not sure about this one.

I like the white one as well..

jihuiwen
May 3, 2010, 09:34 AM
I'm glad everyone seems to like it. In the meantime, I've uploaded a new image showing the bottom side with no screws.(the iPad doesn't have screws, and there are photos of another leaked prototype with no visible screws on the bottom as well)
Enjoy~:)

ethical
May 3, 2010, 10:24 AM
Wow really great job! Much prefer this look to the icecream sandwich of the prototype.

OrangeCuse44
May 3, 2010, 03:27 PM
That looks incredible. WAY better than the prototype. I'm crossing my fingers for this, great job.

fremachuca
May 3, 2010, 03:32 PM
this looks really nice! i want one =)

elppa
May 3, 2010, 03:39 PM
That looks incredible. WAY better than the prototype. I'm crossing my fingers for this, great job.

In my eyes it is the prototype, just with a slightly different rocker switch and captured in the style of the shiny Apple PR shots we've come to expect.

Great job jihuiwen must have taken some time!

thatguysmells
May 3, 2010, 06:36 PM
Nice job. I like it a lot, if the new iPhone looked like that I would be pleased.

Dagless
May 3, 2010, 07:01 PM
Very very purdy indeed. I also hope it ends up looking like that and I hope you get a job at Apple :D (or somewhere nicer if the horror stories of working for Apple are true).

fr4c
May 4, 2010, 01:53 AM
We'll know very soon enough :)

jihuiwen
May 4, 2010, 11:44 AM
This has been a fun modelling and rendering practice project for me. I too hope the next iPhone doesn't end up with that Microsoft iPad like sandwich design. Thank you everyone for all your support, I'm glad you liked this alternative design better. Thanks

eng42ine
May 4, 2010, 10:04 PM
Very nicely done, now I cant wait even more for this thing to come out... Any idea when Jobs is gonna give the official release date?

usm ii
May 15, 2010, 11:58 AM
Waiting version iphone 4....
:)

Arran
May 15, 2010, 12:09 PM
Now that's more like it! Much better looking.

Maybe the leaked prototypes had their cut-down 'skeleton' frame so they'd fit inside the 3G camouflage case?

Shotglass
May 16, 2010, 09:25 AM
The volume buttons need to be separate. Mine got sticky and stopped working reliably, I've seen the same problem on 5+ iPhones so far, which is way too many.

shirleydeng
May 17, 2010, 04:49 AM
Yes, very cool.

drewsof07
May 18, 2010, 09:45 AM
When I saw the white version, I immediately thought about the magic mouse, with it's all white back and gray apple logo. Plan on buying a white (god willing) in 32 or 64gb on launch day :D
One feature I could live without however: front facing camera. Like teenage girls need one more thing to take myspace pouty face pictures with :rolleyes:. But I digress.