Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Makosuke

macrumors 604
Original poster
Aug 15, 2001
The Cool Part of CA, USA
Here I am finally placing an order for a new iPod at the Apple store (with edu discount they're cheap!), and literally when I get to the "place my order" step, the store goes down for maintenance.

I assume this is just one of those regularly scheduled things not some new product, but what are the odds of that kind of timing? Couldn't they have done it 30 SECONDS later or five minutes earlier, so I didn't get all psyched just to be let down?

Man, my luck sucks.

DavidLeblond

macrumors 68020
Jan 6, 2004
Raleigh, NC
Makosuke said:
Here I am finally placing an order for a new iPod at the Apple store (with edu discount they're cheap!), and literally when I get to the "place my order" step, the store goes down for maintenance.

I assume this is just one of those regularly scheduled things not some new product, but what are the odds of that kind of timing? Couldn't they have done it 30 SECONDS later or five minutes earlier, so I didn't get all psyched just to be let down?

Man, my luck sucks.

Maybe they're lowering the prices of iPods? How will your luck be then? ;)

Probably just routine maintenance.

homerjward

macrumors 68030
May 11, 2004
fig tree
looks like they just added an object for jam pack at the top and slightly modifiied the arrangement of some of their software. just routine stuff. wait! jampack?! what's that?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.