Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

alldat

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 10, 2008
Is this possible? I have tried boosting the volume in Garage Band and then exporting the ringtone to iTunes, but when it's on my iPhone, the volume of the ringer is very low. Is there any way for me to boost the volume so it is louder on my iPhone?

Thanks

Theappmachine

macrumors member
Apr 24, 2010
Is this possible? I have tried boosting the volume in Garage Band and then exporting the ringtone to iTunes, but when it's on my iPhone, the volume of the ringer is very low. Is there any way for me to boost the volume so it is louder on my iPhone?

Thanks

where did u take the original file from?

alldat

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 10, 2008
What I did was get the instrumental track of the song I wanted off of YouTube, then downloaded it in MP3 format, then put it in to Garage Band. I tried doing everything I could think of but just can't get the ringer to be louder. There must be somee way to up the volume.

EchoTheDolphin

macrumors newbie
May 3, 2010
Are you sure you're not just limited by the much lower power of the iPhone speakers themselves? I know the custom one I tried to make when I first got it was far too low regardless and I ditched it for the standard one: missing work phone calls for me is too dumb to exchange for a custom ring hehheh!

alldat

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 10, 2008
I tried the Get Info thing and it didn't work.

Also, I don't think it's a limitation because some of my other custom tones are very loud and some are very low without me tweaking anything. I just feel like there must be some way for me to increase the volume of the track.

-aggie-

macrumors P6
Jun 19, 2009
Where bunnies are welcome.

Also, I don't think it's a limitation because some of my other custom tones are very loud and some are very low without me tweaking anything. I just feel like there must be some way for me to increase the volume of the track.

I believe you have to use the "Get Info" method when you're making the ringtone. You do realize you can make ringtones from your own music for free, right? I had some ringtones I made and they were too low in volume, so I maxed out the song, made the ringtone, and the volume was louder.

AbSoluTc

Suspended
Sep 21, 2008

Get info thing does not work. I tried numerous times and no matter how high I set the damn thing it didn't adjust the volume at all. So.. I googled and came up with this..

Use AUDACITY. Load up the mp3 or whatever and you can save it as an M4A and just change the extension to M4R and you are set! There is a slider inside the program - right there - you don't have to dig for it - that increases the DBA.

Thingsexplained

macrumors newbie
Nov 6, 2022
Hey everybody, I was searching up how to do this, and you can just do this in settings with increasing your ringtone. Go to sounds and haptics in settings, and then it should show a slider, and if you slide it up, it will increase the loudness.

BugeyeSTI

macrumors 604
Aug 19, 2017
Arizona/Illinois
Hey everybody, I was searching up how to do this, and you can just do this in settings with increasing your ringtone. Go to sounds and haptics in settings, and then it should show a slider, and if you slide it up, it will increase the loudness.
You're responding to a question that was asked 12 years ago.. I can guarantee the forum members in this thread have found a solution..

Reactions: BigMcGuire
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.