Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Manatee

Contributor
Original poster
Oct 20, 2003
Washington DC
I want to carry the iPad around with me, and have my hands free. I want something big enough to hold the iPad and a few other things. I don't want it to be any bigger than it has to be. I prefer leather (brown or black), or textile and leather.

So far, the nicest ones I've seen are from Tumi. They make a few models that can hold the iPad in a case like the Apple case (which I'm using right now). Their dimensions are around 10 x 12 x 1.5 inches. Yeah, they cost (around $250), but I don't mind that. I want something that looks good with business or casual clothes.

Can anyone recommend these or others that are similar?

Thanks.
Peter

normwood

macrumors 6502a
Sep 12, 2008
In a house...duh!
I have this Tom Bihn bag on order. Will be here tomorrow.

http://www.tombihn.com/page/001/PROD/200/TB0222

I have it coming in the Olive/Cayenne color combo. I wanted something that was a good mix of professional and casual. My wife gave me a bunch of grief for carrying my black Timbuk2 Small Messenger bag into church yesterday. She asked me if I was going to church or hiking? :D It was all in fun.

Steve

jedolley

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2009

I have it coming in the Olive/Cayenne color combo. I wanted something that was a good mix of professional and casual. My wife gave me a bunch of grief for carrying my black Timbuk2 Small Messenger bag into church yesterday. She asked me if I was going to church or hiking? :D It was all in fun.

Steve

I also have the Tom Bihn bag (impressions thread here: https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/897336/). It doesn't come in leather as the OP was looking for, but it's still a nice looking bag and is the perfect size for the iPad and a few essentials.

TraceyS/FL

macrumors 601
Jan 11, 2007
North Central Florida

Steve

My 14yo daughter scoffs at my timbuk2 in grey & lime. She thinks i should have gotten all black like her.... how BORING! LOL!!

normwood

macrumors 6502a
Sep 12, 2008
In a house...duh!
I also have the Tom Bihn bag (impressions thread here: https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/897336/). It doesn't come in leather as the OP was looking for, but it's still a nice looking bag and is the perfect size for the iPad and a few essentials.

Guess I didn't read carefully enough.

Yeah, your thread is what sent me over the edge to order the Ristretto. ;)

I know a lot of people are going gaga over the Waterfield Mussetto but it is just a tad too effeminate for me. Just my opinion obviously.

Steve

Clix Pix

macrumors Core
I have had both men and women admiring my Muzetto, and I know at least one of my male friends will be ordering one and the female friend with whom I spent the day yesterday is seriously considering getting one, too.

While the Musetto looks casual it also can easily slip into a more professional setting as well. Some of the leather satchels I have seen are almost a little too rough-hewn and are definitely too casual for a business environment.

jedolley

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2009
I have had both men and women admiring my Muzetto, and I know at least one of my male friends will be ordering one and the female friend with whom I spent the day yesterday is seriously considering getting one, too.

While the Musetto looks casual it also can easily slip into a more professional setting as well. Some of the leather satchels I have seen are almost a little too rough-hewn and are definitely too casual for a business environment.

I really think the Muzetto is a nice looking bag and features wise it's great for the iPad and other accessories. Personally, i just not much of a leather guy.

Manatee

Contributor
Original poster
Oct 20, 2003
Washington DC
Thanks for the suggestions!

Thanks for the various suggestions. I followed the links, did some searching and reading, and the Muzetto is really tempting me. I suspect that's what I'll end up getting. The Binh looks really practical, but more rugged-looking than I want. Hey, if someone says I look effeminate, I'll just whack them with my man purse! ;)

sss666

macrumors newbie
Sep 10, 2010
mbp 13"& ipad

where i can a bag that carries mbp 13" and i pad at the same time

please help me i need one ASAP

Tom G.

macrumors 68020
Jun 16, 2009
Champaign/Urbana Illinois
To Manatee,

It's not a "Man Purse".

It's a "Manly Purse"!

I do a lot of 18th century re-enacting (American Revolutionary War), in those days most men wore bags like the Muzetto. It was called either a haversack or a hunting pouch. The difference was in what it was used for.

Try telling an American Rifleman of that time period that he was carrying a "Man Purse" and you would not like result. :D

saltyzoo

macrumors 65816
Oct 4, 2007
To Manatee,

It's not a "Man Purse".

It's a "Manly Purse"!

I do a lot of 18th century re-enacting (American Revolutionary War), in those days most men wore bags like the Muzetto. It was called either a haversack or a hunting pouch. The difference was in what it was used for.

Try telling an American Rifleman of that time period that he was carrying a "Man Purse" and you would not like result. :D

If you carry guns and ammunition in it it's a holster. If not, well then it's just a purse. ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.