PDA

View Full Version : An interesting "lap desk" in combo with Belkin Clear Vue

Clix Pix
May 3, 2010, 05:30 PM
I have been frustrated about how the iPad slips and slides on my lap even with the Belkin case. Today I was at Office Depot and noticed this clear plastic telephone stand..... Bought it, brought it home and struck some bubble wrap on it to protect the iPad if I were to use it naked on here and then sat down, set the iPad in the Belkin case on it and, voilą! The iPad stays exactly where I want and this thing makes an excellent little substitute for a lapdesk! Not the prettiest or most elegant arrangement but it certainly works!

ETA: OK, with a slight addition it also works nicely with the iPad in its naked state as well. There is a slight edge on the bottom and I simply rolled up more bubble wrap and built up that edge to make more of a ledge and support for the iPad so that when it is naked, although it slips and slides even on the bubble wrap, now it cannot slide down and off the thing altogether and is easy to type on as needed. Fun little project!

Daremo
May 3, 2010, 06:14 PM
No photos? You can't post this, and not include a photo! haha!

Let us see!

Clix Pix
May 3, 2010, 06:55 PM
Will do a photo or two but right now it is dinner time!

boltjames
May 3, 2010, 06:57 PM
Will do a photo or two but right now it is dinner time!

Priorities, man. Priorities.

BJ

RexySF
May 3, 2010, 08:14 PM
I don't think anyone has the slightest idea what this looks like..... At least I don't.

Clix Pix
May 3, 2010, 11:25 PM
Photos tomorrow, I promise!! I am happily typing away on this right now, naked iPad and my bubble-wrapped telephone stand. Works a treat, it does!