PDA

View Full Version : Apple iPAD case MIA, Are they made from Unicorn leather?

hugodrax
May 3, 2010, 06:53 PM
Even on the Apple site it has 2-3 weeks before shipping. What the heck are those cases made out of? Unicorn leather?

Any idea why they are MIA.

Would I be able to find a decent case if I go to the Apple store, something book like?

diabolic
May 3, 2010, 07:00 PM
I ordered the Apple case online and was resigned to waiting another two weeks. I went by the Apple store this afternoon to pick up the VGA adapter and was surprised to see a few Apple cases and the camera connection kit. The got them in this morning and didn't have more than 5 or 10 out for sale.

sracer
May 3, 2010, 07:01 PM
Even on the Apple site it has 2-3 weeks before shipping. What the heck are those cases made out of? Unicorn leather?

Any idea why they are MIA.

Would I be able to find a decent case if I go to the Apple store, something book like?
unicorn leather... LOL

I think that Apple and other companies severely underestimated how many iPad owners would be interested in cases... in particular, folio cases.

Advil
May 3, 2010, 07:02 PM
i walked into the Fort Worth apple store (which was packed btw) yesterday and walked right over to the cases and there was a whole shelf full. Was in and out with one in less than 5 minutes.

Dillenger
May 3, 2010, 07:20 PM
There are plenty of them on eBay if you want to pay upwards of $75.00 PLUS SHIPPING :mad: for one. I too am waiting for my back-ordered case to arrive from Apple.

gillybean
May 4, 2010, 01:10 AM
If you call your local apple stores every day, it shouldn't be too hard to find one after a few days.