Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jumpie

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 7, 2008
Atlanta
Anyone figure out how to rotate apps in the direction you want?

I like playing What's the Difference, a photo game. The only problem is that I like my screen locked with the home button on the left. This app won't rotate in my direction. Anyone figure how to change this?

skubish

macrumors 68030
Feb 2, 2005
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Anyone figure out how to rotate apps in the direction you want?

I like playing What's the Difference, a photo game. The only problem is that I like my screen locked with the home button on the left. This app won't rotate in my direction. Anyone figure how to change this?

Nothing you can do. The dev needs to fix it.

MacToddB

macrumors 6502a
Aug 21, 2007
Rochester, NY
With my initial iPad apps (I'm a developer), they only supported portrait, but when I updated them, Apple was pretty adamant (i.e. they rejected them) that they support upside down orientation. I've since rewritten the apps to support all four orientations. So, it's likely that your app's developer will have to do the same for the next update. But contact them. You might find better support from that $0.99 app than you get from a $99 traditional software application.

avaloncourt

macrumors 65816
Oct 18, 2007
I'm not particularly thrilled that We Rule will only rotate to portrait in one direction and it's the opposite direction from the way that the apple case makes a wedge.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.