Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AbSoluTc

Suspended
Original poster
Sep 21, 2008
Sorry, I just had to after seeing the "is it coming to sprint" thread. Lol :p

vizkiz

macrumors 6502a
Jul 22, 2008
Long Island, NY
I heard a rumor that Nextel is getting it, complete with that "chirp" feature. It'll have an extra button for it and everything.

Then again, I heard Apple is dropping AT&T all together and signing an exclusive contract with Amp'd Mobile. They're coming back from the dead, and the iPhone will be their only phone. They're changing the name to Apple Wireless.

I wonder which one is true :confused:

doubleatheman

macrumors 6502a
May 27, 2009
no its going to at&t wireless.... no cingular..... no at&t mobility!

yeah the mobility in the name was the perfect match for the iphone :)

AbSoluTc

Suspended
Original poster
Sep 21, 2008
Wait. I heard PrimeCo is getting the new iPhone. Wonder if the little guy can handle such a big device. ;)

thelatinist

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2009
Connecticut, USA
I heard that they're coming out with a special Jitterbug Edition iPhone (the iPhone JE) which will eliminate the complicated touch-screen in favor of a numeric keypad and will remove such superfluous features as SMS, mobile Web, and iPod functionality.

kicko

macrumors 65816
Aug 26, 2008
I heard that they're coming out with a special Jitterbug Edition iPhone (the iPhone JE) which will eliminate the complicated touch-screen in favor of a numeric keypad and will remove such superfluous features as SMS, mobile Web, and iPod functionality.

haha, with giant numbers.

MrCrispy

macrumors member
Apr 10, 2008
Jacksonville, Florida
wow..there's a name I haven't heard in a long time! The very first cell phone I ever had was through them. Big ole's permanently installed phone in my Cherokee.

Thanks for bringing back that memory!

AbSoluTc

Suspended
Original poster
Sep 21, 2008

Lol, the Jitterbug Edition. :p

wow..there's a name I haven't heard in a long time! The very first cell phone I ever had was through them. Big ole's permanently installed phone in my Cherokee.

Thanks for bringing back that memory!

Anytime. :)

Want to know another oldie? GTE

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.