PDA

View Full Version : Incipio antiglare screencover

mashinhead
May 4, 2010, 12:17 AM
I bought one of these and I have to say the biggest waste of money ever. If you thought putting one of these on perfectly on an iPhone was hard, an iPad is darn near impossible, and it's not then type of product that you can reposition easily. They both ended up in the trash despite careful efforts, don't bother.

pdutta2000
May 4, 2010, 08:11 PM
I bought one of these and I have to say the biggest waste of money ever. If you thought putting one of these on perfectly on an iPhone was hard, an iPad is darn near impossible, and it's not then type of product that you can reposition easily. They both ended up in the trash despite careful efforts, don't bother.

It's funny that this thread just came up. I'm having the exact same issue. I have incipio cases and screen protectors for my iPhones and love them. I bought the iPad screen protector expecting the same and they are damn near impossible to put on. Ended up throwing away the 2 protectors and sending a nasty email. I will say that incipio customer service is awesome. They are sending me another pair to try out. I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt until after I try this new set out. I remember getting frustrated with the iPhone set and then I figured it out and it worked great so I'm hoping the same thing happens this time around.

mashinhead
May 4, 2010, 09:43 PM
It's funny that this thread just came up. I'm having the exact same issue. I have incipio cases and screen protectors for my iPhones and love them. I bought the iPad screen protector expecting the same and they are damn near impossible to put on. Ended up throwing away the 2 protectors and sending a nasty email. I will say that incipio customer service is awesome. They are sending me another pair to try out. I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt until after I try this new set out. I remember getting frustrated with the iPhone set and then I figured it out and it worked great so I'm hoping the same thing happens this time around.

yep they are, they did the same for me.

n0de
May 5, 2010, 07:08 AM
I figured out the best/easiest way to put these on, of course it's not how they tell you.

Obviously clean the screen really well first....

The way I did it was to bend, gently, the screen protector the long way, so the bend goes from the end with the home button hole to the opposite.

Working directly over the pad, with it laying flat, I used the home button hole as a guide to center it, once centered very slowly lay the two sides down with a little pressure.

I had zero bubbles and it worked perfectly.

My only gripe is the visual quality, but I guess from what I read all of the anti-glare options have similar problems.

MikeK2
May 7, 2010, 07:51 AM
I got mine from Incipio the other day as well. I actually had no trouble putting it on, but I am not liking how the fingerprints show on it. They're almost as obvious as before, but are harder to wipe off now.

I have the PowerSupport anti-glare on my iPhone, and LOVE it. I don't have finger print issues at all, so I'm thinking of purchasing those, and getting rid of the Incipio ones.

mashinhead
May 7, 2010, 09:29 AM
I got mine from Incipio the other day as well. I actually had no trouble putting it on, but I am not liking how the fingerprints show on it. They're almost as obvious as before, but are harder to wipe off now.

I have the PowerSupport anti-glare on my iPhone, and LOVE it. I don't have finger print issues at all, so I'm thinking of purchasing those, and getting rid of the Incipio ones.

Care to share your technique for applying it,

MikeK2
May 7, 2010, 11:33 AM
Care to share your technique for applying it,

Certainly, I peeled away about 10% of it from the top side (opposite the Home button), and positioned it carefully. Once I had it lined up with the corners I simply pulled away the backer material while I smoothed it down. There were a couple of bubbles, but they came out easily with the supplied card (a credit card works pretty well too, but their edges can be rough).

That's how I've done thing like that before. In this case, it's also the way the packaging recommends doing it. (admittedly, there is still a bit of luck involved, but not nearly as much as if you peel the entire back off at once, and try to position it with the entire sticky side exposed.

macpluslaptop
May 10, 2010, 06:49 AM
Applying any screen protector to the iPad is a challenge. Care, patience and luck are required. The screen has to be free of dust particles, then you have to unroll the protector slowly while smoothing it out. They say that you can use tape to remove any particles that get stuck in the process, but good luck with that.

The big secret is to let the air bubbles alone for a day - most of them will disappear on their own. The remaining bubbles can be rubbed out, gently, with a cloth or a credit card covered with a cloth.

I wasted 2 covers before I was successful, and that was because someone helped me. But the result is incredible. No more mirror effect. And my screen is as safe as I can make it.:p

myersma71
May 10, 2010, 08:13 AM
I just recently bought a screen cover and it is very easy to put on and it works. This Screen also allowed me to be able to see the screen with my polarized glassed on.. I have been using it outside a lot more. The web site is www.seariteoiptics.com. I was impressed with this film.
:)

mcdj
May 10, 2010, 08:37 AM
I've been saying since iPhone 1 that some company needs to come out with a screen protector with some sort of guides, be it a grid pattern, or maybe dots, printed on a clear sheet that sits on top of the screen protector which gets removed after the protector is in place. The user visits a web page which loads a jpeg of the exact same pattern, sized for the screen of their device. It should then be much easier to install the protector by lining up the image on the protector with the image on the screen.

This idea copyright mcdj 2010. :D

Chris Rogers
May 10, 2010, 12:55 PM
Can you wet it and use a blow dryer? When It's wet, it will be able to be repositioned easier. Aren't there ones that come with special solution?