PDA

View Full Version : Apple iPad case leaving marks on corners

Prolif1k
May 4, 2010, 01:11 AM
Has anyone else noticed this with their Apple case? Right where the case comes in contact with the 4 corners of the black bezel, there are some permanent marks left behind on mine. I've tried rubbing them off using a microfiber cloth along with iKlear, but they don't go away. They're perfectly curved and follow exactly where the edge of the case's interior overlays. Maybe my case is a little tighter than it should be? I don't know; just curious if I'm the only one seeing this.

California King
May 4, 2010, 01:24 AM
How long have you had the case? I've had mine for about a week and don't see anything.

wharzhee
May 9, 2010, 11:00 AM
jus wondering, i havent placed my ipad in the casing, but has anyone else experienced this?

Mezzo43
May 9, 2010, 11:19 AM
I've had my Apple case for about a week and a half and have not seen any marks on the corner of my iPad. My iPad actually slides in and out of the Apple case very easily.

omgitscro
May 9, 2010, 02:07 PM
This is not caused by any case. When Apple applies the oleo phobic coating on the iPad screen, the glass is held in place by those four corners. No coating is applied to those parts of the screen, therefore it gives the appearance of "markings."

psychonaut
May 9, 2010, 03:31 PM
This is not caused by any case. When Apple applies the oleo phobic coating on the iPad screen, the glass is held in place by those four corners. No coating is applied to those parts of the screen, therefore it gives the appearance of "markings."

Thanks for the clarity on this subject as I noticed this on my iPad as well. I've never used the apple case so I was thinking it might happen in production and your post confirms that.

I'll say it's VERY hard to see this and you only really notice it under certain light and at certain angles when you are really looking for it.

Overall not a big deal at all but again good to know it's normal.