Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

craigd

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 24, 2007
perth, AU
Anyone using this app that takes RSS feeds and makes them into a newspaper, Genius or gimmick

20100504-p9xfhx8nsnybncs7ft2dx25gp9.jpg

bunger

macrumors 6502
Mar 1, 2007
Even without google reader support it is awesome and well worth the purchase. I also think the the next update ( which will include reader support ) is due out in a week or two...

Fedorov

macrumors 6502
Jun 18, 2009
Any plans for an iPhone version which would be good enough to compete with the awesome Reeder 2.0?

Totty

macrumors member
Apr 27, 2006
Also waiting for Google Reader import/support. Until then I'm just using Google Reader in safari.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
I nearly bought that but lack of google reader support was something that was a big miss for me. They could have and should have had this done by now. I was on the fence between this and FeedHopper, the dev worked on some issues i had with FH and has a clear winner to me. At least the dev with FH was interested in what his customers said, unlike the early edition. They couldn't give two ***** about their customers it seems.

Fireproof!

macrumors 6502a
Dec 1, 2008
Frisco, TX
I'm using Early Edition and really like it. I do like the newspaper look/feel for a change.

I too am eager for Google Reader integration, but they say it's coming soon.

Toraen

macrumors member
Mar 25, 2010
Bought early edition last night and so far I think pretty highly of it. The message in the store clearly says GR support is coming... so not sure how that translates to them not caring about what customers think.

After I use it for a few weeks I guess I'll know if it works well enough for me. I applaud them for the general idea - the newspaper theme fits right in with the hype of the iPad supporting (and supposedly saving) print media.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.