Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chairguru22

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 31, 2006
PA
I just started having issues with the trackpad not allowing clicking on my MacBook 10.6.3 (older model with seperate trackpad button) and I haven't figured out a fix. I also restarted a lot and repaired permissions and repaired the hard disk from the install disc. Messing with system preferences didn't help. I also only have one user account.

My trackpad doesn't allow button or touch clicking. When using a USB (haven't tried BT yet) mouse it only allows right clicking. It sometimes, after a restart, will function normally with a USB mouse but when I move the cursor with the trackpad the problem reappears... the keyboard appears to still function normally.

I will try to schedule a genius visit if i can't figure this out but I fear they will just say the logic board needs replacement and that will be $500+ for a 4 year old OOW computer. I might as well spring for a MBP which might not be a bad idea with the back-to-school, iPod giveaway/free printer deal coming soon.

any other thoughts?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.