Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Benjer

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 30, 2006
Utah
My wife's G4 iBook (12") has a battery that no longer holds a charge, and the power cord is fraying. I'm going to the Apple Store today to see if they would replace the cord, but if not, I'll buy a new battery and cord. There are several 3rd party adapters and batteries out there. I've read a few poor reviews for several of them. Any advice on which 3rd party batteries and cords are reliable? Or is it best to simply buy from Apple?

notjustjay

macrumors 603
Sep 19, 2003
Canada, eh?
My wife's G4 iBook (12") has a battery that no longer holds a charge, and the power cord is fraying. I'm going to the Apple Store today to see if they would replace the cord, but if not, I'll buy a new battery and cord. There are several 3rd party adapters and batteries out there. I've read a few poor reviews for several of them. Any advice on which 3rd party batteries and cords are reliable? Or is it best to simply buy from Apple?

That's the round connector that looks a little bit like an RCA video jack, right? When I had a PowerBook G4, I owned a 3rd party adaptor from a company called iGo. It came with multiple tips for different brands of computers, and worked just fine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.