PDA

View Full Version : Centre MK, Milton Keynes, UK

shan21
May 4, 2010, 01:06 PM
anybody going for the launch date

Niz
May 4, 2010, 02:02 PM
I'll be there! Look out for the sportsbiker in blue gear :)

Powierski
May 22, 2010, 03:41 PM
I'll be there ..... I'll be the one brandishing my credit card and poised ready to pick the first Apple employee that can get me an iPad as soon as the doors open.

Apologie in advance if I push or barge .... :D ... only kidding. But I will be there bright and early.

shan21
May 25, 2010, 04:29 PM
they are now opening at 8:00am i have work the day before and finish at 11pm and it takes me a hour to get to milton keynes and there is going to be loads of traffic - :mad:

mkapple
May 26, 2010, 04:01 AM
im not a die hard fan like you guys but am planning to go along Friday morning to pick one of these up as a surprise for my other half.

i know the shop opens at 8am but what time do you reckon people are going to start getting there and queueing??

Powierski
May 26, 2010, 12:00 PM
My guess is that there will be a few people there from around 6am , I'm planning on getting there for around 7am which I hope will give me a decent queue position. I was in the store yesterday and they are apparently going to be serving coffee/refreshments to people waiting .... don't know from what time or whether it will actually happen though.

Part of me wonders whether there will be much of a queue at all but I don't mind getting up early to make sure I get what I want :D ..... I was in Texas last week and visited one of the Apple stores there a few times to play with an iPad so I definitely know I want one and dont want to lose the opportunity this Friday and end up having to wait for the next batch to come in.

mkapple
May 26, 2010, 04:12 PM
apparently you are not going to be able to queue right outside the store but by the tree/concrete cows. I think they are expecting quite a queue although someone I know spoke to them today and they said they were confident 'they would have enough to go round'........

shan21
May 27, 2010, 06:35 AM
is anyone going to the 3 store to get the micro sim card

Powierski
May 27, 2010, 12:21 PM
Went in to the Three store in MK today to enquire and they said you can only preorder through the site and they don't expect them to be delivered until end of next week at the earliest ... thats when they expect to have them in store also.

I also dropped by the Apple store to enquire and the chap I spoke to said they will have micro sims for O2, Vodafone and Orange in the morning with in store activation. He also mentioned he had a friend that was going to start queuing from midnight :eek: .... might have to review my plan if people are going to start that early :rolleyes:

shan21
May 29, 2010, 07:14 AM
it got on bbc - it think it was the women with the microphone near the doors who did this piece

http://news.bbc.co.uk/local/threecounties/hi/people_and_places/newsid_8711000/8711027.stm