PDA

View Full Version : Just ordered a bag , man purse?

dread
May 4, 2010, 03:54 PM
I hope it doesn't look like a man purse when I get it.
http://www.amazon.com/Alchemy-Style-Battlefield-Messenger-Bag/dp/B000MIQCDY/ref=pd_sim_a_1

iWannaBeAdored
May 4, 2010, 04:19 PM
http://www.amazon.com/Alchemy-Style-Battlefield-Messenger-Bag/dp/B000MIQCDY/ref=pd_sim_a_1

Looks fine. If it wasn't very wide then it may have looked like a man purse but it looks like a bag I have.

MigsVuitton
May 4, 2010, 04:21 PM
If you associate a man purse with messenger bags and over the shoulder bags... chances are it's a man purse to you.

But who give a f what people think.

I like the bag.

GoCubsGo
May 4, 2010, 04:24 PM
It's pretty. What shoes did you buy?

rdowns
May 4, 2010, 04:29 PM

LMAO. Post of the Day.

It's a murse.

dread
May 4, 2010, 04:29 PM

Haha I got some red flats to go with it.

GoCubsGo
May 4, 2010, 04:32 PM
Like Mary Jane flats or ballet shoes flats? I think ballet shoe flats would really look great, casual yet not quite. Very very pretty.

pivo6
May 4, 2010, 04:36 PM
It looks like you could be an extra on M*A*S*H with that bag, but for $9.00 it looks good.

ph0n33z
May 4, 2010, 04:37 PM

HAHAHA. This truly made me laugh. Well done. :D

ngenerator
May 4, 2010, 04:39 PM
It looks like you could be an extra on M*A*S*H with that bag, but for $9.00 it looks good.

I agree, I'm hovering over the "Add to card" button now, lol

dread
May 4, 2010, 04:43 PM
Like Mary Jane flats or ballet shoes flats? I think ballet shoe flats would really look great, casual yet not quite. Very very pretty.

Mary janes. I hope the hair on my feet doesn't ruin the look.

opo101
May 4, 2010, 04:49 PM
I went with the STM micro. great little man bag, and it fits the iPad perfectly!

GoCubsGo
May 4, 2010, 04:50 PM
Nah, you can shave the hair on your feet.

But really, if it didn't look like I could be carrying around a first aid kit I'd buy the bag myself.

dread
May 4, 2010, 04:50 PM

Should I load the iPad with a bunch of medical apps just in case someone thinks I am a medic.

windroll
May 4, 2010, 04:51 PM
I can see that you're not bothered by people making fun of the bag/murse, so it really doesn't matter what others think. Good find :)

GoCubsGo
May 4, 2010, 04:51 PM
^ hah hah see now you're cooking with fire.

For $9.00 you have enough to buy some BandAids and the entire series of M*A*S*H.

dread
May 4, 2010, 04:52 PM
Nah, you can shave the hair on your feet.

But really, if it didn't look like I could be carrying around a first aid kit I'd buy the bag myself.

That's why I went for one with a cross. Too ugly for women. I think my logic is sound.

GoCubsGo
May 4, 2010, 04:53 PM
And you should not be bothered by the murse. If I had a man who carried a murse I'd ask him to carry my iPad, iPhone and wallet for me. :D Same reason I only date dudes who wear cargo shorts.

And it's not too ugly for women. Just don't go down to any Red Cross disaster site, angry people who just experienced a disaster may mob you. Boy won't they be pissed when they find out you have no food/water/tampons.

pivo6
May 4, 2010, 04:53 PM
That's why I went for one with a cross. Too ugly for women. I think my logic is sound.

Are you sure you didn't go for it because it's only $9.00 ?

dread
May 4, 2010, 04:54 PM
I can see that you're not bothered by people making fun of the bag/murse, so it really doesn't matter what others think. Good find :)

I just wanted to know how much my wife will make fun of me. Based on jessica's responses a lot. Haha. Kidding aside I don't want men hitting on me unless they plan to buy me a drink.

dread
May 4, 2010, 04:55 PM
Are you sure you didn't go for it because it's only $9.00 ?

Hey the shipping was $5. The fact that the bag was the cheapest on amazon had nothing to do with it.

GoCubsGo
May 4, 2010, 04:56 PM
A) men, gay or otherwise, don't typically hit on other men because they're carrying any bag ... even if it's a true purse.
B) your wife will make fun of you regardless, it is what wives do. However, if you get upset she will turn this around on you so fast you'll be apologizing to her and wiping her tears away. You won't know why, but you'll be doing it.
C) I have no C but I will soon no doubt.

PS Amazon Prime ships free. :D Think of all the murses you can get now!

windroll
May 4, 2010, 04:56 PM
Should I load the iPad with a bunch of medical apps just in case someone thinks I am a medic.

Make a sticker with this guy on the back of your iPad, and you're set :D

http://jolstatic.fr/www/captures/814/3/12813.jpg

dread
May 4, 2010, 04:57 PM
And you should not be bothered by the murse. If I had a man who carried a murse I'd ask him to carry my iPad, iPhone and wallet for me. :D Same reason I only date dudes who wear cargo shorts.

And it's not too ugly for women. Just don't go down to any Red Cross disaster site, angry people who just experienced a disaster may mob you. Boy won't they be pissed when they find out you have no food/water/tampons.

Haha I plan to use it while I'm in the field in Africa so that may actually be a problem

richpjr
May 4, 2010, 06:29 PM

Oh man, that cracked me up!

normwood
May 4, 2010, 08:29 PM

Too funny!

Jessica....I appreciate the laugh at the end of the work day.

That bag does NOT look like a man purse. Looks masculine.

Then again, my Tom Bihn Ristretto arrived and I am in A murse kinda fog. :D

j/k

Steve

dread
May 4, 2010, 08:38 PM
My wife saw the bag and she said it wasn't bad. We will see how much she makes fun of me when I use it. The real revolution of the iPad is what it is doing for the murse

LordOBoogie
May 4, 2010, 08:51 PM

I love jessica. Hahahahaha.

eTip
May 4, 2010, 08:51 PM
I like it. Even better in black (matches my shoes):

http://www.amazon.com/Black-NATO-Canvas-Medic-Bag/dp/B001JKFEBA/ref=pd_sbs_a

freddy425
May 4, 2010, 10:12 PM
Maybe you could get one of these shirts to go with it?...

http://l.yimg.com/l/tv/us/img/site/38/01/0000043801_20071018142711.jpg

hahaha just kidding;)...ill probably end up getting a messenger bag when i get mine

dread
May 4, 2010, 11:09 PM
I have a shirt like that already. I wear it with a bro or is it a manzier

MigsVuitton
May 4, 2010, 11:26 PM
A) men, gay or otherwise, don't typically hit on other men because they're carrying any bag ... even if it's a true purse.
B) your wife will make fun of you regardless, it is what wives do. However, if you get upset she will turn this around on you so fast you'll be apologizing to her and wiping her tears away. You won't know why, but you'll be doing it.
C) I have no C but I will soon no doubt.

PS Amazon Prime ships free. :D Think of all the murses you can get now!

Best post ever.

Hammie
May 5, 2010, 04:08 AM
Nice bag. I'm debating on whether i want a smaller bag for mine. I just picked up a new messenger bag hat will house my work laptop, papers, and iPad. I may want another one for when I'm just out and about with the family.

I have seen na few that interest me, but now I need to decide. I will probably get another bag before summer.

Also, jessica.'s A, B, C post has hilarious and spot on.

malnar
May 5, 2010, 01:54 PM
Mary janes. I hope the hair on my feet doesn't ruin the look.
Nah, you'll be fine, Klinger. Classic look. Should get you that Section 8 in no time.

DraziGuy
May 11, 2010, 10:27 AM
I think that is the solution to the ultimate success of the iPad. My wife loves hers. She carries it around everywhere, in her purse. I think thats the key.

A resurgence in Men's Carrying Bags is necessary for the iPad to become something I would feel comfortable bringing everywhere with me.

I don't want to be the only one though. Anyone else out there want to go purse shopping with me?

richpjr
May 11, 2010, 10:29 AM
I think that is the solution to the ultimate success of the iPad. My wife loves hers. She carries it around everywhere, in her purse. I think thats the key.

A resurgence in Men's Carrying Bags is necessary for the iPad to become something I would feel comfortable bringing everywhere with me.

I don't want to be the only one though. Anyone else out there want to go purse shopping with me?

It's a backpack, not a purse damnit!

antiprotest
May 11, 2010, 10:30 AM
Does she use a case? Which?

brn2ski00
May 11, 2010, 10:30 AM
its a satchel

ngenerator
May 11, 2010, 10:34 AM
I've got 5 manbags in varying colors that I change daily, depending on my outfit ;)

CD3660

Here's your solution: The Waterfield Muzetto. A beautiful man bag, but expensive and sold out until late June!

http://sfbags.com/products/muzetto/muzetto.htm

dissdnt
I put mine in a European hand bag and a fur coat I found in a tree. I'm a fancy man.

FSUSem1noles
May 11, 2010, 10:37 AM
Since receiving my Apple iPad case last week I've been carrying my iPad around in my backpack with my headphones..

ZBoater
May 11, 2010, 10:41 AM
I already carry a Glock in my purse, err, I mean, man bag, so the iPad won't fit... :rolleyes:

rasputinj
May 11, 2010, 10:44 AM
Indiana Jones wears a satchel.

antiprotest
May 11, 2010, 10:46 AM
I already carry a Glock in my purse, err, I mean, man bag, so the iPad won't fit... :rolleyes:

Defend your iPad.

eawmp1
May 11, 2010, 10:50 AM
http://blog.ebags.com/wp-content/uploads/progressive_commercial_murse.jpg

"It's a European shoulder bag"

cyberheater
May 11, 2010, 10:51 AM
A murse??

sassenach74
May 11, 2010, 10:56 AM
I'm having Déjà vu.

elyaas
May 11, 2010, 10:57 AM
Here's your solution: The Waterfield Muzetto. A beautiful man bag, but expensive and sold out until late June!

Wow! Those are expensive much, but they look pretty nice. Too rich for my blood.

I carry around a green satchel with Jiang Zemin painted in red on the front. My sister got it in China and brought it back for me. It's awesome.

Chupa Chupa
May 11, 2010, 10:58 AM
Women also feel the need for shoes in every possible color and style, and refer to pocketbooks as "adorable," and "cute." No thanks. I reject your iPad man purse and substitute my iPhone in my pocket.

I carry around a green satchel with Jiang Zemin painted in red on the front. My sister got it in China and brought it back for me. It's awesome.

Is that part of the Butchers of the World series? BTW that's not red paint.. it's blood.

TheNewDude
May 11, 2010, 11:08 AM
I'd carry something like this....

http://casual-bags.info/lacoste-messenger-bag-olive-green-croc/

iPadpam
May 11, 2010, 11:12 AM
I just got this from best buy. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Init%26%23174%3B+-+Case+for+Most+Portable+DVD+Players+Up+to+9%22+-+Black/9505234.p?skuId=9505234&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=9505234&ref=06&loc=01&id=1218126307432

I was trying to carry the Ipad in an average sized laptop bag but that was way to big and more of a chore to carry around. This so far has been perfect. It's really small and will fit the iPad while it's in a case and the strap is adjustable enough so you can have it down by your hips or up higher under your arm if you like. And look at the price. Compared to all these fancy iPad bags this thing works perfect at a fraction of the cost

My wife had the final say in what I could get (she refused to be seen with me if I had a purse on lol). This bag passed her inspection as "it looks like a laptop bag".

MikeCase
May 11, 2010, 11:29 AM
http://mac.appstorm.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/MT64_ManBag1.jpg

brn2ski00
May 11, 2010, 11:47 AM
Indiana Jones wears a satchel.

so does Joy Behar

HelveticaNeue
May 11, 2010, 11:56 AM
It's not a purse; it's european!

sinophilia
May 11, 2010, 12:05 PM
I'm a woman, I don't care for shoes and my "purse" is a tiny Eastpak bag. I guess I will carry my iPad in my Tucano Macbook bag, even if there will be room to spare.

mac jones
May 11, 2010, 12:11 PM

TIme to come out of the closet and go 'purse shopping?

I'll pass thanks :D

markosb
May 11, 2010, 12:12 PM
I don't think you want to tell Jack his purse is nice...
http://www.themartialist.com/images/rothco02.jpg

tkermit
May 11, 2010, 12:22 PM
Déjà vu.

Indeed.

It's not a purse; it's european!

Prancing around with his purse. Yup, he's a dandy, he's a real fancy boy!

Tankfantry
May 11, 2010, 12:46 PM
I have a simple black messanger bag that I use when transporting my MacBook Pro back and forth so once the wife lets me get an iPad I will just use that. Throw in a few books and some "smart" looking reading glasses and I will OWN the local Starbucks.

LaNex
May 11, 2010, 01:01 PM
FWIW, as a hetro woman, I think blokes who carry man bags or man purses or whatever you want to call them can look cool and interesting, and obviously comfortable with themselves. Which is fine by me.

Being a girlie I have a total excuse to have as many ipad bags as I like. And I have, too. Heh heh heh.

ri0ku
May 11, 2010, 01:19 PM
bollocks, have you all heard youselves? Man bags? purses? Get outta here...

Just put the damn thing in a BACKPACK for christ sakes...

emaja
May 11, 2010, 01:31 PM
Sorry, but I just cannot bring myself to carry a murse. It just seems kinda pretentious to me.

"Look, I have so much stuff that I must have with me at all times. Being a guy, you know it's good stuff, not makeup and tampons"

qtx43
May 11, 2010, 01:45 PM
Why would I want to become more like my wife? I'm happy being a man. That's just silly. And why would I carry something extra around when I can just put it in my wife's purse?

quantum003
May 11, 2010, 01:51 PM

Any manliness provided by the product itself is diminished greatly the moment someone asks you what it's called...

Rolvag
May 11, 2010, 01:54 PM
Any manliness provided by the product itself is diminished greatly the moment someone asks you what it's called...

I couldn't have said it better my self.. :D

Tankfantry
May 11, 2010, 01:55 PM
That's just silly. And why would I carry something extra around when I can just put it in my wife's purse?

High-Five Bro, thats what I'm talking about.

richpjr
May 11, 2010, 02:07 PM
FWIW, as a hetro woman, I think blokes who carry man bags or man purses or whatever you want to call them can look cool and interesting, and obviously comfortable with themselves. Which is fine by me.

Being a girlie I have a total excuse to have as many ipad bags as I like. And I have, too. Heh heh heh.

But ones carrying the purses won't be interested in you! :)

eawmp1
May 11, 2010, 02:15 PM
And why would I carry something extra around when I can just put it in my wife's purse?

My wife...my sherpa.

ScottFitz
May 11, 2010, 02:19 PM
Are we really having this discussion? I guess apple is located in the Bay Area.

I actually carried mine in my hand in its mar ware leather case. No strap, no bag, no murse, no BS.

It's tiny and weighs a pound and a half.

nj-mac-user
May 11, 2010, 03:21 PM

I actually carried mine in my hand in its mar ware leather case. No strap, no bag, no murse, no BS.

Some like to have their hands free and not openly advertise what they've got.

wgary
May 11, 2010, 03:24 PM

I think my Mom used to call that a "clutch purse."

bevobadger
May 11, 2010, 03:25 PM

it's European!

Jaro65
May 11, 2010, 03:47 PM
I think I'll end up getting this (or something similar): http://www.booqbags.com/laptop-backpacks-laptop-bags/iPad-cases/Taipan-shadow-XS-black-red-iPad-bag

booq used to have them in different colors, but as of very recently it is only available in black/red combo.

DKatri
May 11, 2010, 03:49 PM
OP, did you get this yet?
Looks cool but I wanna see a size reference against the iPad.

I have a man bag lying around that might just be the perfect size for an iPad. The wait is whats killing me now.

dread
May 11, 2010, 03:53 PM
OP here. This thread got out of control. The bag arrived and it is exactly what I was looking for. I can actually squeeze my 13 inch laptop in there with the iPad and the chargers for both. With just the iPad it is very light. The bag is well made but it is soft without padding so it won't provide much protection. I keep the iPad in an apple case inside a net book sleeve so I'm not worried. Like the reviews said the leather was plasticy but I just rolled it around until it got soft. The bag gives a military surpluss fell after it get a little dirty and broken in. Definately doesn't give off the murse vibe. But the shoes I got to match do.

None Such
May 11, 2010, 03:53 PM

The Red Cross called, they want their bag back.

kutsushita
May 11, 2010, 04:00 PM
http://img718.imageshack.us/img718/4430/pursee.png

classic.

Julien
May 11, 2010, 05:02 PM
Man Purse = oxymoron

xraytech
May 11, 2010, 07:27 PM

Sorry dude, that's a man purse. I should know, I use a man purse.

Call it a messenger, call it what ever you want, it's still a man purse.

Hammie
May 11, 2010, 08:39 PM
I'm quite comfortable carrying my bag around. I guess you could call it a small messenger bag. It fits my iPad, iPhone, wallet, and my two boy's DS's perfectly. I've also been able to carry my umbrella and a Starbuck banana bread treat as well.

My wife has no issue with me carrying it and I feel damn comfortable with myself as a man carrying it. And BTW, mine is European. ;)

I guess to each his own, right?

dread
May 11, 2010, 09:28 PM
I like it. I have a leather briefcase/messenger as well and I never thought that was a man purse. It's not like I carry it with me to the grocery store. But maybe I will since I could fit a lot of tampons in there.

Chip NoVaMac
May 11, 2010, 09:47 PM

Still waiting for my Skooba Netbook/iPad bag here :(

Curtisc83
May 12, 2010, 04:23 AM
Here is what I bought for my iPad it's a but pricey but worth it to me.

Http://www.billykirk.com/page.cfm?id_product=29923129&type=1&product_group=21844278&xid=53753800

That URL was a bitch to type in on my iPad.......LOL

DKatri
May 12, 2010, 05:39 AM

Http://www.billykirk.com/page.cfm?id_product=29923129&type=1&product_group=21844278&xid=53753800

wow, really nice but so much $$$

Curtisc83
May 12, 2010, 06:39 AM

I know...... I hope my wife doesn't kill me. So I actually got it in today and the vibe it gives off is very manly. No hidden pockets no extra looking features that serve no purpose and nothing shiny on it. To me it looks like if I saw it on the street i would think it had a book in it or writing material.

lordhamster
May 12, 2010, 08:17 AM
This is the ultimate man purse. :) Nobody is going to make fun of this guy's purse. :)

http://the-gadgeteer.com/asset_cache/m/ma/maxpedition-jumbo-versapack2.jpg

Hammie
May 12, 2010, 10:23 AM

I won't even say how much I spent on mine. ;) But I love it! :D

VetPsychWars
May 12, 2010, 12:20 PM
I know...... I hope my wife doesn't kill me. So I actually got it in today and the vibe it gives off is very manly. No hidden pockets no extra looking features that serve no purpose and nothing shiny on it. To me it looks like if I saw it on the street i would think it had a book in it or writing material.

I ordered mine on Sunday. How long did it take to get yours and what color did you get?

Yeah, it costs a lot of money but something like this lasts a lifetime.

Tom

Curtisc83
May 12, 2010, 12:35 PM
I ordered mine on Sunday. How long did it take to get yours and what color did you get?

Yeah, it costs a lot of money but something like this lasts a lifetime.

Tom

It took about a week to get to me but my location is a tad weird. I'm a contractor in iraq so the shipping address is a APO,AE. The color I got was tan which is a very nice color. I also got a brown NO. 155 card case so I can stop using a wallet altogether. I am actually surprised no one mentioned this case yet in this thread or any thread in the forum.

Curtisc83
May 12, 2010, 12:52 PM
It took about a week to get to me but my location is a tad weird. I'm a contractor in iraq so the shipping address is a APO,AE. The color I got was tan which is a very nice color. I also got a brown NO. 155 card case so I can stop using a wallet altogether. I am actually surprised no one mentioned this case yet in this thread or any thread in the forum.

I got someone to take pics of me with it today to see what it would look like on a picture. So thats me and my new tan Billykirk case.

ddragovi
May 12, 2010, 01:11 PM
A real simple solution here is just a slim briefcase With a small laptop sleveve that can be used with or without a shoulder strap. But I guess if you don't really need a briefcase for work then it's a bit large for just an iPad.

http://g.nordstromimage.com/imagegallery/store/product/Gigantic/4/_6061164.jpg

TraceyS/FL
May 12, 2010, 01:17 PM
I got someone to take pics of me with it today to see what it would look like on a picture. So thats me and my new tan Billykirk case.

I like it "on" - wasn't keen on it "off". LOL!

I confess to being an early 40's "chick" though - so i'm not guessing i count for much in the opinion area either. OK, i'm a mom of 3 - i know i don't count at this point in life! :p

Enjoy the bag. And i will have to go hunting for the part for the no wallet - i'm always seeking solutions to that problem myself.

Hammie
May 12, 2010, 01:28 PM

That is a nice looking bag. Congrats on finally getting it.

Curtisc83
May 12, 2010, 01:33 PM
I like it "on" - wasn't keen on it "off". LOL!

I confess to being an early 40's "chick" though - so i'm not guessing i count for much in the opinion area either. OK, i'm a mom of 3 - i know i don't count at this point in life! :p

Enjoy the bag. And i will have to go hunting for the part for the no wallet - i'm always seeking solutions to that problem myself.

Everybody has a opinion which is how it will be with anything, I see the Wifi iPads arguing with the 3g iPads (pretty funny stuff). But another thing I like about the bag is it is about 1.5 " thick and about a tad over 11" tall , something a women wouldn't carry because it would cause the person to have to dump anything out to get to something on the bottom. And the bag is actually a exact copy of a WW2 map case which is pretty mucho if you ask me.

Curtisc83
May 12, 2010, 01:37 PM
That is a nice looking bag. Congrats on finally getting it.

Thx for the compliment, it was actually really hard for me to decide on one alot of the ones out there are unisex type bags. So I am happy I found the Billykirk website because I was losing all hope there for awhile......LOL

Hammie
May 12, 2010, 01:45 PM
Thx for the compliment, it was actually really hard for me to decide on one alot of the ones out there are unisex type bags. So I am happy I found the Billykirk website because I was losing all hope there for awhile......LOL

Very cool.

Mine is more of a Unisex type bag even though it is from the Men's line. I like it and I got the big thumb's up from the wife on appearance so that is all that matters, right?

Your's is very "indy"-like. :cool:

You should show pics of the inside with the iPad inside. Just so we get an idea of interior size.

Curtisc83
May 12, 2010, 01:57 PM
Very cool.

Mine is more of a Unisex type bag even though it is from the Men's line. I like it and I got the big thumb's up from the wife on appearance so that is all that matters, right?

You should show pics of the inside with the iPad inside. Just so we get an idea of interior size.

Thats a great idea, so thats what I did. With the iPad in its Apple case there is more room for something else if that something else isn't huge.

Curtisc83
May 12, 2010, 02:00 PM
Very cool.

The thumbs up from the wife is a huge deal. Mine gave the thumbs up after I showed it to her via Skype today.

MatthewStorm
May 12, 2010, 03:08 PM

$325!?? Are you insane?

MatthewStorm
May 12, 2010, 03:12 PM
Thats a great idea, so thats what I did. With the iPad in its Apple case there is more room for something else if that something else isn't huge.

So, there are no interior pockets on this thing? Just one open compartment? That's it?

Curtisc83
May 12, 2010, 03:21 PM
$325!?? Are you insane?

Its not that much dude....

Curtisc83
May 12, 2010, 03:24 PM
So, there are no interior pockets on this thing? Just one open compartment? That's it?

Well everybody's needs are different depending on profession and daily routine. I find that a single compartment that holds the iPad and maybe something else is all I need and want. If I find that it doesn't meet my needs then I will buy something else that does.

Hammie
May 12, 2010, 03:48 PM
$325!?? Are you insane?

I'm not sure if your reaction of $325 is because you feel that is a lot or that it is less than you would be willing for a bag.

BTW, how much would you spend for a bag?

What would you say to someone who spent over $500? Or over $1000.00 for a bag?

MatthewStorm
May 12, 2010, 03:59 PM
I'm not sure if your reaction of $325 is because you feel that is a lot or that it is less than you would be willing for a bag.

That was just my knee jerk reaction. I feel like we, as iPad users, are getting raked over the coals on the cost for our accessories.

And I guess since my portfolio lost over %40 I'm a little shy about spending so much on bags.

But trust me I've spent boo coo bucks on bags in the past.

It's not how much you spend on something it's how much that something is worth to you.

But seriously, it only has one interior pocket?

Curtisc83
May 12, 2010, 04:02 PM

I know the question wasn't directed at me but I find it a interesting question..... I think I would feel indifferent. If someone see's value in a bag then that to me is all that matters regardless of actual cost.

emaja
May 12, 2010, 04:07 PM
I know the question wasn't directed at me but I find it a interesting question..... I think I would feel indifferent. If someone see's value in a bag then that to me is all that matters regardless of actual cost.

I don't disagree with you at all. I find it interesting that this "value" argument is the same that we Mac users use to explain our preference in computers.

Curtisc83
May 12, 2010, 04:13 PM
That was just my knee jerk reaction. I feel like we, as iPad users, are getting raked over the coals on the cost for our accessories.

And I guess since my portfolio lost over %40 I'm a little shy about spending so much on bags.

But trust me I've spent boo coo bucks on bags in the past.

It's not how much you spend on something it's how much that something is worth to you.

But seriously, it only has one interior pocket?

The only purpose the bag has is to carry the iPad. If the iPad didn't exist then I wouldn't carry a bag at all. So those are my needs and the bag fills those needs exactly. I like to take a very minimalist approach to things and I find that when someone carries a bigger bag it has a tendency to fill up with useless things. I'm the type of person that doesn't even like to carry a wallet or petty cash so I carry my ID's and my debit card in my pocket.

malnar
May 12, 2010, 04:26 PM
Still waiting for my Skooba Netbook/iPad bag here :(
Did you order from Amazon? I got mine from Amazon Friday after seeing mention of it in this thread last week (two day Prime shipping.) Great bag, by the way - perfect fit for the Ipad without a case, would probably fit with a small, close-fitting case on it. Very protective, too.

VetPsychWars
May 12, 2010, 05:47 PM
The only purpose the bag has is to carry the iPad. If the iPad didn't exist then I wouldn't carry a bag at all. So those are my needs and the bag fills those needs exactly. I like to take a very minimalist approach to things and I find that when someone carries a bigger bag it has a tendency to fill up with useless things. I'm the type of person that doesn't even like to carry a wallet or petty cash so I carry my ID's and my debit card in my pocket.

Also my reasoning, which is why I bought one too. I only want to carry the iPad and perhaps some papers.

I admit to spending some time thinking about the color. I mostly wear black accessories (shoes, belt, jacket) so black made sense for me.

Tom

odyssey924
May 12, 2010, 08:00 PM
I just received my Maxpedition Colossus bag today from www.ebags.com (the only place that had it in stock in black). The strap is a little bigger than I would like, but it will hold the iPad and some other things I like to carry with me like my camcorder, digital camera, and accessories for all 3 items. There is a nice review of it here:

http://the-gadgeteer.com/2007/10/05/maxpedition_colossus_versipack/

I also got the JANUS accessory that adds a small pouch to the strap to keep my iPhone and wallet.

If anyone wants specific pictures, I can post them.

Curtisc83
May 20, 2010, 07:09 AM
Also my reasoning, which is why I bought one too. I only want to carry the iPad and perhaps some papers.

I admit to spending some time thinking about the color. I mostly wear black accessories (shoes, belt, jacket) so black made sense for me.

Tom

So have you got the case yet if so how do you like it. I have used mine everyday and no one has noticed in a negative way at all.

CarboysDesire
May 21, 2010, 01:35 AM
Is this where I am supposed to post pictures of my murse?

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y8/CarboysDesire/photo-86.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y8/CarboysDesire/photo-87.jpg

Kenneth Cole
I got it for $72, which was $70 off and I freaking love it!

A zip pocket inside, as wells a little open pouch (no zipper), slots for pens, a slim pocket on the front and the same on the back with a zipper. Ipad fits perfectly inside (see it?--i left it on) with ample room to add a wallet or a digital camera or both if necessary.

Curtisc83
May 21, 2010, 03:30 AM
Is this where I am supposed to post pictures of my murse?

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y8/CarboysDesire/photo-86.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y8/CarboysDesire/photo-87.jpg

Kenneth Cole

A zip pocket inside, as wells a little open pouch (no zipper), slots for pens, a slim pocket on the front and the same on the back with a zipper. Ipad fits perfectly inside (see it?--i left it on) with ample room to add a wallet or a digital camera or both if necessary.

It does seem like this thread is the place to post you murse pics. I like your murse its is a nice looking bag.

rdowns
May 21, 2010, 06:10 AM
Kenneth Cole

A zip pocket inside, as wells a little open pouch (no zipper), slots for pens, a slim pocket on the front and the same on the back with a zipper. Ipad fits perfectly inside (see it?--i left it on) with ample room to add a wallet or a digital camera or both if necessary.[/QUOTE]

Murse? That's a freaking pocket book. :D

TraceyS/FL
May 21, 2010, 06:23 AM
Murse? That's a freaking pocket book. :D

I gotta admit, it's not working for me from the guy standpoint.

I'm thinking new nurse posting rule, you and your bag. It helped me out before!

Or my problem is I've been hanging out with too many guys wearing combat boots :D speaking of which, time to go get ready for another weekend of boots and planes! Lol!

Hammie
May 21, 2010, 01:04 PM
Finally got a chance to take some pics. This is the bag I carry around all the time. It seems to go well with both casual, business and everything in between. Work days I dress in Chinos and a dress shirt. Weekends tend to be jean or shorts and a t-shirt.

Face on and closed. It has a snap closure on the bottom. This helps keep the flap from slapping and making noises while walking.

http://i611.photobucket.com/albums/tt192/louhamilton/Leather%20Goods/2010_05_21_123558_LH09512-1.jpg

From the side. I may get something so I can attach my umbrella to the "D" ring on the side. The other side is plain.

http://i611.photobucket.com/albums/tt192/louhamilton/Leather%20Goods/2010_05_21_123618_LH09513-1.jpg

Everything that goes inside -- Wallet, iPhone, iPad, BT Keyboard, pen, Pogo stylus. Items not shown but also go inside are a microfiber cloth, keys, and kid's DS's.

http://i611.photobucket.com/albums/tt192/louhamilton/Leather%20Goods/2010_05_21_123832_LH09515-1.jpg

All packed up:

http://i611.photobucket.com/albums/tt192/louhamilton/Leather%20Goods/2010_05_21_123721_LH09514-1.jpg

I don't have any pics of me wering it but I am somewhere between 5'6" and 5'7" and I wear it cross body.

EDIT: The pics have been fixed.

rdowns
May 21, 2010, 01:32 PM
Nice. Now the Mrs. can give you her **** to hold. :D

jkrutch
May 21, 2010, 01:58 PM
Finally got a chance to take some pics. This is the bag I carry around all the time. It seems to go well with both casual, business and everything in between. Work days I dress in Chinos and a dress shirt. Weekends tend to be jean or shorts and a t-shirt.

Face on and closed. It has a snap closure on the bottom. This helps keep the flap from slapping and making noises while walking.

http://i611.photobucket.com/albums/tt192/louhamilton/2010_05_21_123558_LH09512-1.jpg

From the side. I may get something so I can attach my umbrella to the "D" ring on the side. The other side is plain.

http://i611.photobucket.com/albums/tt192/louhamilton/2010_05_21_123618_LH09513-1.jpg

Everything that goes inside -- Wallet, iPhone, iPad, BT Keyboard, pen, Pogo stylus. Items not shown but also go inside are a microfiber cloth, keys, and kid's DS's.

http://i611.photobucket.com/albums/tt192/louhamilton/2010_05_21_123832_LH09515-1.jpg

All packed up:

http://i611.photobucket.com/albums/tt192/louhamilton/2010_05_21_123721_LH09514-1.jpg

I don't have any pics of me wering it but I am somewhere between 5'6" and 5'7" and I wear it cross body.

It's ok for me, but to spend that much on vinyl makes me crack. My wife has a few LV bags and don't see the value (although they are well made).

Hammie
May 21, 2010, 02:15 PM
It's ok for me, but to spend that much on vinyl makes me crack. My wife has a few LV bags and don't see the value (although they are well made).

This one is not vinyl. It is real leather. They do make some coated canvas bags, but not this one. Leather on the outside and cloth lined on the inside.

Seems to be very durable, as well.

jkrutch
May 21, 2010, 02:28 PM
This one is not vinyl. It is real leather. They do make some coated canvas bags, but not this one. Leather on the outside and cloth lined on the inside.

Seems to be very durable, as well.

I stand corrected...I know they make some leather items. Enjoy it!

CarboysDesire
May 21, 2010, 03:12 PM
I gotta admit, it's not working for me from the guy standpoint.

I'm thinking new murse posting rule, you and your bag. It helped me out before!

Or my problem is I've been hanging out with too many guys wearing combat boots :D speaking of which, time to go get ready for another weekend of boots and planes! Lol!

OK, here ya go...

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y8/CarboysDesire/DSC07010.jpg http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y8/CarboysDesire/DSC07012.jpg

I tried to look as manly as possible, i.e. no smile. :D

And if I look little gay, well that's because I am! :)

Daremo
May 22, 2010, 04:15 AM

http://i611.photobucket.com/albums/tt192/louhamilton/2010_05_21_123558_LH09512-1.jpg

http://i611.photobucket.com/albums/tt192/louhamilton/2010_05_21_123618_LH09513-1.jpg

http://i611.photobucket.com/albums/tt192/louhamilton/2010_05_21_123832_LH09515-1.jpg

All packed up:

http://i611.photobucket.com/albums/tt192/louhamilton/2010_05_21_123721_LH09514-1.jpg

I think you should of used the money you spent on that bag to fix your leaning ass fence around the yard. :D :p :)

raymond lin
May 22, 2010, 07:13 AM
All packed up:

That bag must've cost as much as the iPad.

I have a Ted Baker Flight Bag, which is verticle and should fit the iPad snuggly when i get one :)

Hammie
May 22, 2010, 08:39 AM
I think you should of used the money you spent on that bag to fix your leaning ass fence around the yard. :D :p :)

Thanks for noticing. :p :D That is the result from the snow we got in the DC area this year. Already have things lined up for June. :cool:

JonMPLS
May 23, 2010, 01:27 PM
A murse alternative from Timbuk2 . . . black, of course.
(Actually, this is kind of tempting.)

LINK (http://www.timbuk2.com/tb2/products/laptop/netbook-laptop-cases/freestyle-netbook-messenger#product=1-30238)

CarboysDesire
May 23, 2010, 08:47 PM
:eek: No self-respecting gay man would ever buy a bag like that! :p

jkrutch
May 23, 2010, 09:22 PM
:eek: No self-respecting gay man would ever buy a bag like that! :p

That was funny! I'm straight and prefer your LV....I prefer the fine leather goods myself. Still waiting for MacCase to release their iPad Flight Jacket in Vintage leather.

entatlrg
May 23, 2010, 09:36 PM
Hmmm ... this thread makes a good argument for backpacks :p

john3478
May 25, 2010, 05:54 AM
I ordered Tucano netbook bag as ipad bag.(iPad take 1/3 of the space and the other 2/3 of space I can use for book,bible or others). Can use to carry it by hand or put on shoulder

http://www.tucanousa.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=BNW10

http://www.tucanousa.com/v/vspfiles/photos/BNW10-2.jpg
http://www.tucanousa.com/v/vspfiles/photos/BNW10-4.jpg
http://www.tucanousa.com/v/vspfiles/photos/BNW10-7.jpg
http://www.tucanousa.com/v/vspfiles/photos/BNW10-9.jpg

VetPsychWars
Jun 9, 2010, 02:48 PM
So have you got the case yet if so how do you like it. I have used mine everyday and no one has noticed in a negative way at all.

Just got mine yesterday. iPad fits well. Strap was different than what appears on their site. It has a normal bar buckle and attaches using swivels to the rings, which are round instead of D rings. Works out ok. I have it on the farthest hole and it carries fine slung across the chest. Today is my first day using it so far.

Tom