Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Memma

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 5, 2009
My battery started saying "replace soon" yesterday and I've been searching for a new battery since then but everyone says that they fit to models A1245 which is apparently the older macbook air because mine is the newest model (bought last spring when the update came) and this is A1304.

I tried to ask from these websites would the battery work on mine air even though it has a different model number but they wanted me to post pictures of my battery (which I can't because I don't have the screwdriver for it yet) and then they asked "original battery part number, voltage ,capacity and your laptop model" where I can only answer to the last one :D so not that helpful to reply anything.

I'm not that familiar with the apple insides so I thought that you might help me with this.
And as said, I don't have a possibility to use a screwdriver until after..somewhere in the middle of June when I'm ready to change the battery.

This is the website where I would buy it because I found it to be the cheapest (don't understand french or germany so they are out even though I might find cheaper prices from there).
http://www.replacement-laptop-battery.co.uk/batteries-apple-6.html

So please share your advices :eek:

Memma

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 5, 2009
Ok, I figured it out so migh as well share it here if someone else has same problems in the future.

So you need to look at the battery capacity to know which model does the battery suit.
5200 mAh is for the older models and 5400 mAh is for the mid 2009 models.
Just don't care about the A1245, because it's the same for all the batteries ;) at least now.

diggtips

macrumors newbie
Mar 6, 2012
My battery started saying "replace soon" yesterday and I've been searching for a new battery since then but everyone says that they fit to models A1245 which is apparently the older macbook air because mine is the newest model (bought last spring when the update came) and this is A1304.

I tried to ask from these websites would the battery work on mine air even though it has a different model number but they wanted me to post pictures of my battery (which I can't because I don't have the screwdriver for it yet) and then they asked "original battery part number, voltage ,capacity and your laptop model" where I can only answer to the last one :D so not that helpful to reply anything.

I'm not that familiar with the apple insides so I thought that you might help me with this.
And as said, I don't have a possibility to use a screwdriver until after..somewhere in the middle of June when I'm ready to change the battery.

This is the website where I would buy it because I found it to be the cheapest (don't understand french or germany so they are out even though I might find cheaper prices from there).

So please share your advices :eek:

It looks like the battery is replacement one, I found an original site to purchase:
http://www.battery-center.net/apple-macbook-air-13-3-inch-a1304-battery.html

This battery code is A1245 for mac notebook.

pcpartsretail

macrumors newbie
Dec 13, 2012
Replacement Keyboard For Sony Vaio Vgn-fe880e/h

http://www.best-keyboard.com/keyboard-for-sony-vaio-vgn-fe880e_h.html

So please share your advices :

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
So please share your advices :
I wouldn't trust or recommend any non-Apple battery, due to the number of problems reported with "knockoff" batteries. Also, there is no assurance that knockoff batteries have the same charging technology that Apple uses, involving the battery, the MagSafe adapter and the Mac's logic board.

Battery Replacement
Replacing the built-in battery in your MacBook Pro
Replacing the Battery in your MacBook Air
Intel-based Apple Portables: How to replace or service a built-in battery

The link below should answer most, if not all, of your battery/charging questions. If you haven't already done so, I highly recommend you take the time to read it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.