Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Original poster
Feb 16, 2010
I have OS X Leopard, but was playing around the other day on an iMac that had Snow Leopard, and, of course, Quicktime X: Apple's latest Quicktime.

When I usually load trailers for upcoming movies, I open them in the full HD 1080p format. I then open the A/V controls and turn the treble, bass, and overall volume up all the way. On standard Quicktime, this can be accomplished by hitting Cmnd+K.

Well... I was loading a trailer on this computer with Quicktime X, and I noticed that nothing was happening when I tried Cmnd+K. Then, I went looking for it, and found there was no menu option for the A/V Control window.

Then I went looking further, and noticed that there wasn't even an option for "preferences" for Quicktime X.

I then looked in the system preferences and Quicktime wasn't even on the list for applications with adjustable settings.

Is this what Quicktime X really is? Or did I just play around with some freak version of it that might not have been functioning properly?

In other words, is there now no way to adjust treble/bass/tint/contrast/color/brightness/etc and other preferences in Quicktime X?

danielcox

macrumors member
Apr 19, 2010
That's right.
Probably a good thing too - you'll get terrible audio quality by doing that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.