Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

turboxt

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 16, 2010
Indiana
Sorry, just dumping it back out there for the Forum Spy trackers to get a response...

kwjohns

macrumors 6502a
Jul 4, 2007
CBS has their videos available on their website in HTML5. NBC... Well, with their greediness, don't expect to get them until the official Hulu app comes out, if even then.

ipadking

macrumors member
Mar 30, 2010
CA
Personally, I just use my Vista Media Center, record the shows and convert them to iPhone/iPad videos using DVRMSToolbox. Nice thing is I record them in HD, and get great quality. I can even stream on 3g or Wifw by copying the converted files over to dropbox, and can stream them from any computer, iPad, iPhone, etc.

Yes, it takes a bit to setup, but with some scripting, it's all automatic. DVRMSToolbox automatically copies to my dropbox drive on my windows PC, and my iPhone/iPad immediately has access. I can even download the video file from dropbox so I can watch when I'm not near wifi or 3g.

sharp65

macrumors 6502
Sep 7, 2007
CBS offers full episodes of survivor if you go to cbs.com on the ipad, I think they offer more shows via the tv app. I don't think NBC was that interested.

AZ-GT

macrumors member
Mar 24, 2005
Simple, ABC is owned by Disney whose biggest stockholder is Steve Jobs. NBC & CBS not so much.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.