Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

spyker3292

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2005
Michigan
This month I'm getting 3D Dot Game Heroes, Red Dead Redemption, Super Mario Galaxy 2, and ModNation Racers.

ModNation looks awesome, and I loved the beta -- expect for the... beta bugs (lag), but it sounds like those are mostly gone. Alan Wake looks pretty awesome, but it might be a little short. I'm tempted, and I've got a chance at getting some extra money... if that happens, I'll probably get it, if not I really need to save for college spendings :p.

Taustin Powers

macrumors 6502
Apr 5, 2005
Definitely picking up ModNation Racer.

MRU, I sent you friend-add requests today, maybe we can race in a few weeks. (I found two different PSN ID's in different threads, so I sent adds to both... :confused: )

sikkinixx

macrumors 68020
Jul 10, 2005
Rocketing through the sky!
Busy month. Alan Wake, Galaxy 2 and Red Dead... ugh... Might wait on Alan Wake since it seems like a $30 game for me (8 hour campaign doesn't = $60 anymore for me...) and maybe wait on Red Dead.

Watching the Alan Wake quick look on Giantbomb got me excited though. Lighting looks a-m-a-z-i-n-g.

macfan881

macrumors 68020
Feb 22, 2006
Mod Nation Racers was great with the beta was really fun and I'm not even a Racing genre fan I'll probally pick it up but I'm also trying to save up for a Air Port Extreme since my current router is on the fridnge of dying two ports are acting up other than that its ok and i coudl use a new router with beter coverage to

spyker3292

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2005
Michigan
Busy month. Alan Wake, Galaxy 2 and Red Dead... ugh... Might wait on Alan Wake since it seems like a $30 game for me (8 hour campaign doesn't = $60 anymore for me...) and maybe wait on Red Dead.

Watching the Alan Wake quick look on Giantbomb got me excited though. Lighting looks a-m-a-z-i-n-g.

The $20 gift card w/ Amazon pre-order sold me on Red Dead. Galaxy comes with $20 in game credit too!

(on top of that, I have a ton of Amazon credit, so this entire month + more will cost $0)

Taustin Powers

macrumors 6502
Apr 5, 2005
Mod Nation Racers was great with the beta was really fun and I'm not even a Racing genre fan I'll probally pick it up but I'm also trying to save up for a Air Port Extreme since my current router is on the fridnge of dying two ports are acting up other than that its ok and i coudl use a new router with beter coverage to

Here, you forgot these: , . . , .

They would have made your post readable. ;)

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Original poster
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
Sugar!!!!

Just checked release calendar. Too many games this month :rolleyes:

So for me its...

Lost Planet 2
Alan Wake
3D Dot Heroes
Prince of Persia : Forgotten Sands
Red Dead Redemption
Modnation Racers
Split Second
Lego Harry Potter Yrs 1-4

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
I need to get selective :D

Taustin Powers

macrumors 6502
Apr 5, 2005
Whoa, busy month! :eek:

I'll probably pick up ModNation at release. Red Dead Redemption whenever I get tired of Just Cause 2's open world (could be sooner or later...).

3D Dot Heros looks like fun, but really I still need to beat my current playthrough of A Link To The Past. That's the exact same kind of fun, and I don't need to spend more money on it! :)

Split/Second....I guess I'll try the demo. But I doubt I will buy another racing game until they make another Burnout that's better than Paradise.

Taustin Powers

macrumors 6502
Apr 5, 2005
Just read up on Alan Wake a little. Every 12 months or so, along comes an XBox exclusive that makes me a little jealous. Guess it's that time of the year again! :D The good news is, the games which have made me jealous so far ended up on PS3 a year later as well (Bioshock, Monkey Island...). Maybe there is hope... :rolleyes:

Taustin Powers

macrumors 6502
Apr 5, 2005
Played the Split/Second demo today, and it left me feeling "meh". It's obviously a one-trick-pony, and it does its one trick pretty well. It just doesn't really do much for me besides make me play more Burnout Paradise. :D I think Criterion just really nailed that genre for me. There's a reason why Burnout is my only platinum trophy. :rolleyes:

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Original poster
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
Been playing Alan Wake collectors edition. It's great, and it looks amazing. Remedy were right, sub-HD is not an issue when post processing, textures, draw distance, special effects & lighting are all as good as this. Up with the likes og God of War 3 as one of the prettiest games this gen (in a murky town sort of way).

Also been playing 3D dot heroes. Good, very Zelda nostalgia..

macfan881

macrumors 68020
Feb 22, 2006
had just about to order Mod Nation racers till i saw amazon had God of War 3 on sale for 43 with a $10 future purchase card so i think ill pick up GOW 3 first since i have yet to purchase that and its on sale to and MNR will be my future purchase with tha card.

Taustin Powers

macrumors 6502
Apr 5, 2005
So what's the general take on Modnation? Worth the price of admission?

Still planning to pick it up, but I simply have too many games to play right now...

Taustin Powers

macrumors 6502
Apr 5, 2005
So at least a couple of you have been playing Modnation Racers for a few weeks now.

What's the verdict? As good as it looks on paper? Online play any good?

Still trying to decide if/when I should pick it up.

DdMac679

macrumors member
Jul 25, 2009
United States
So at least a couple of you have been playing Modnation Racers for a few weeks now.

What's the verdict? As good as it looks on paper? Online play any good?

Still trying to decide if/when I should pick it up.

I think you should rent it first. It hasn't been a game that's held my attention since buying it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.