PDA

View Full Version : Avenue A and Double Click blocking access to Macrumors

timon
Sep 30, 2004, 11:26 AM
I understand that this site is paid for by the used of banner ads and I have no problem with that. The problem I have is when the ads start tracking using Avenue A and Double Click and then start blocking access to the site when you block their tracking programs using Spy-bot or other blocking software. :(

Avenue A seems to do this the most. If you block it they will block you from the site :mad: Sometimes I have to reload the site several times until Avenue A is not used :mad: :mad: This can take a while.

I would request that the site owner contact these companies and demand that they NOT block access to the site because someone blocks them We still see the banner ad we just don't want these companies tracking our movements on the Internet.

Lancetx
Sep 30, 2004, 04:27 PM
Along similar lines, for the past few days I've been getting a virus warning (For the trojan Debeski) on my work PC everytime that the "BidClix" banner ads pop up on this site. I don't have that problem when any of the other banner ads pop up, just that one. I've also had this happen over the last few days on another site I visit occassionally. Is there any way you can get rid of the BidClix ads so a virus doesn't get spread via your site? I know that this is a Mac site and Macs aren't affected by this Trojan, but some of us can't help it that we're stuck with junk PCs at work.