Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LucidPsychosis

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 6, 2010
Knoxville, TN
Even with the student discount, CS5 is pretty expensive (at least, for a college student). Are there any other applicable discounts, or is there some magical website that will sell it cheaper?

I'm a college student, and my mom works at a high school, if that helps any.

J the Ninja

macrumors 68000
Jul 14, 2008
If your school is part of some purchasing program with Adobe, you might be able to get for a bit less, like $150 or so. Seriously though, $200 for PS Extended is a hell of deal. It's 80% off. If you plan to use it professionally, just pay it. Skip the coffee and beer for a few months if money is tight. Remember, it can be upgraded to a future retail version as well. You basically have a ticket out of ever having to pay the ungodly retail price for a legit copy of PS. Take it while you can.

And please don't pirate it. It annoys me to no end the students I meet who think this is an acceptable way to get the tools they need. It isn't. You also don't want to be relying on cracked software for jobs or assignments. Something goes wrong and the app shuts down while you are on a deadline, and you are $%*#ed.

ebd.i.am

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2006
Sacramento, CA
Even with the student discount, CS5 is pretty expensive (at least, for a college student). Are there any other applicable discounts, or is there some magical website that will sell it cheaper?

I'm a college student, and my mom works at a high school, if that helps any.

Yes, any torrent tracker. :cool: lol

xparaparafreakx

macrumors 65816
Jul 29, 2005
My bookstore shows Adobe CS5 Design Premium (Student License for Mac) for $309.99. Amazon has it for $449. After taxes, I am saving about $112 from buying it at the bookstore.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.