PDA

View Full Version : Best anti-fingerprint/smudge protection?

sotie
May 5, 2010, 04:03 PM
I'm trying to determine which screen protector is best to avoid fingerprints. My child tends to have abnormally sweaty hands and everytime it's used I have to clean off the fingerprints and smudges afterwards.

Please recommend a screen protector!

Antiglare properties are not important to me and I don't care about them. I am cautious because I've read about other's experiences with screen protectors that diminish the screen brightness/clarity.

FunkyMonkCP
May 5, 2010, 04:09 PM
I'm trying to determine which screen protector is best to avoid fingerprints. My child tends to have abnormally sweaty hands and everytime it's used I have to clean off the fingerprints and smudges afterwards.

Please recommend a screen protector!

Antiglare properties are not important to me and I don't care about them. I am cautious because I've read about other's experiences with screen protectors that diminish the screen brightness/clarity.

I recommend a Power Support anti-glare. It resists finger prints really really well. I just posted some pictures in this thread

http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=9841495&postcount=61

iLounge did a preliminary on some screen protectors and they also were leaning towards Power Support

http://www.ilounge.com/index.php/backstage/comments/early-comparative-insights-on-ipad-screen-protectors/

There is a reduction in clarity, but not much and the anti-fingerprint properties are well worth the trade off.

codalo
May 5, 2010, 04:17 PM
I like the Invisible shield from Zagg, I've had it on my Pad for almost 2 weeks and not having near the problems I did without a protector, I have not noticed any distortion with it in place either.

Daremo
May 5, 2010, 04:19 PM
There is a reduction in clarity, but not much and the anti-fingerprint properties are well worth the trade off.

Man, I was with that statement, and said the exact same thing, and for my iPhone, I still believe that, but once I had used the iPad for 3 weeks, and then put on the anti-fingerprint, it wasn't worth the trade off. The screen is so damn beautiful, and the loss of clarity killed me. I look at it this way... With a micro fibre cloth, in 4 seconds, my screen is back to it's original state. With the shield on, it will NEVER be AS clear as without it on. I have to go with the clarity over the anti-fingerprint. :(

FunkyMonkCP
May 5, 2010, 04:22 PM
Man, I was with that statement, and said the exact same thing, and for my iPhone, I still believe that, but once I had used the iPad for 3 weeks, and then put on the anti-fingerprint, it wasn't worth the trade off. The screen is so damn beautiful, and the loss of clarity killed me. I look at it this way... With a micro fibre cloth, in 4 seconds, my screen is back to it's original state. With the shield on, it will NEVER be AS clear as without it on. I have to go with the clarity over the anti-fingerprint. :(

I do agree, the screen is beautiful. I just like having protection from scratches, I can always replace a screen protector but not a screen. I also like not having to wipe the screen as often as I would without the protector.

To each his own though. Just depends on preference really.

sotie
May 5, 2010, 06:56 PM
Thanks for the suggestions!

w4rmk
May 5, 2010, 09:35 PM
Bestskinsever is the same as Zagg but cheaper and in my opinion their cutouts/fit is better.

Daremo
May 6, 2010, 08:03 PM
I do agree, the screen is beautiful. I just like having protection from scratches, I can always replace a screen protector but not a screen. I also like not having to wipe the screen as often as I would without the protector.

To each his own though. Just depends on preference really.

I have a screen protector on, it's just a clear shield from RadTech, and you can't tell anything is on. It gets less smudgy than without it, so it's sort of a good solution.