Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zen

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 26, 2003
Has anybody got a Hard Candy Sleek Skin?

I've been looking at the Belkin Grip Vue and the Switcheasy NUDE, but this one from Hard Candy intrigues me, because it seems to be the same kind of protector as the Belkin, but it has a screen "lid" as well, which seems to be a good idea for transport.

I've searched the forums but there doesn't seem to be a thread on it.

zen

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 26, 2003
Nobody? I think it looks pretty cool... kinda like a Belkin Grip Vue, but with some extra reinforcement maybe.

psychonaut

macrumors 6502a
Jul 24, 2008
It looks really nice and I would love to try one myself but can not afford to pull the trigger on another case. The only thing I am not sure of on the case is the "nubs" that stick out on each corner that hold the lid on, I do not know if I would like that but I suppose I would need to see it in person to make judgement.

zen

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 26, 2003
Yeah, the corner nubs do look like they could add some extra protection, but you lose the clean lines of say the Belkin Grip Vue, and without seeing the Sleek Skin in person it's hard to judge whether they are a good or a bad thing.

I assume that it's the same kind of texture and material as the Belkin Grip Vue, which appears to be akin to Tupperware (not sure if you have Tupperware in the US?).

We need metagamer to buy one and do another of his excellent reviews!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.