Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ZachaMac

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 5, 2010
Hi.
I have a 13 inch MBP running windows 7.
With the nvidia geforce 9400m
I'm trying to use a Samsung SyncMaster t220 with as an external display.
I'm using a mini display port to vga adapter.

So my problem is when I go to Nvidia control panel I only have the options to choose a resolution from 800x600 to 1280x800.
Am I missing something here? What am I doing wrong?

Please help I work mostly in Excel and the small res is killing me!

Zach

ZachaMac

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 5, 2010
Thanks

Yep that was exactly the issue. I'm still getting used to this windows 7 :D
I've got the Samsung to display at 1280x1024 but it still won't display at it's native 1680x1050.

I think it's an issue with the monitor. When I try to set it too anything higher then 1280x1024 the monitor just blinks analog digital like it's searching for a connection. Is it possible that the VGA only supports up to a certain amount and the rest and a dvi is needed for the full range?

Any thoughts on that?

Thanks
Zach

balamw

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
New England

balamw

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
New England
Here are people who seem to be having a similar issue. Does that make any sense to you?

It would be better to go lower. than 60 if you can to see if it can sync.

Yeah, same in the link I added to my last reply. It looks like Samsung's quality control has slipped, at least for this model. :( I have been a fan of their monitors/TVs for years.

Couple of questions. Does it work OK in OS X? Is Windows detecting the right monitor or is it detecting the T190 as in some of the posts in the thread I linked?

B

ZachaMac

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 5, 2010
I tried it at 40Hz 1640x1050 and it blinked for a brief second with what appeared to be the right screen then went back. so I can see it but it just won't stick!

Windows does detect the monitor as a Samsung Syncmaster but I don't see a model number.

Sadly I don't have duel boot .. someone else set up the computer for me.

Zach

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.