Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

samuelmacdaddy

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 16, 2010
hello,
is there a sleeve that fits the official apple case, so when i chuck it in my bag the apple case wont get all marked:p
thanks all:D

boltjames

macrumors 601
May 2, 2010
Ziplock.jpg

BJ

uniform5

macrumors member
Apr 27, 2010
RUGGEDIZED SKIN for the iPad from HARD CANDY

I purchased the "RUGGEDIZED SKIN" for $39.95 plus shipping from HARD CANDY. It fits perfectly over the iPad with all of the openings completely visible and easy to access. The "SKIN" has the look of tire treads, front and back, and is made of a hard but yet pliable material. This "SKIN" protects the iPad so well you do not even need a case! Its great looking and extremely well made. If you were to look at it closed you would never think that an iPad was inside. It eliminates the possibility of someone even thinking about lifting it from you. Go to the HARD CANDY website and check it out. You will not be disappointed in the quality as well as its great look. Check it out. Money should not be an object when it comes to protecting your investment. Let me know how you make out.

Joe B.

jedolley

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2009

The first one could have been construed as humorous, but now it's just annoying.

I find it odd that after this a member from this forum/community help you find a case for your iPad/Belkin Grip Vue combo that you are responding this way to someone else trying to find something that works for their situation.

Waterfield makes a sleeve specifically for the ipad in an Apple case. Their sleeves are very high quality and their customer service is top-notch.

http://sfbags.com/products/ipad-cases/sleevecases-exo-ipad.php

+1 to this. As TallyWynn says, it's so far the only case made specifically (that i've seen so far) with the Apple case in mind. With that said, I assume some neoprene sleeves for 12" netbooks might work as well.

boltjames

macrumors 601
May 2, 2010
The first one could have been construed as humorous, but now it's just annoying.

I find it odd that after this a member from this forum/community help you find a case for your iPad/Belkin Grip Vue combo that you are responding this way to someone else trying to find something that works for their situation.

It's called "being funny".

A sense of humor is a very good thing; get one.

BJ

nippyjun

macrumors 68000
Jul 26, 2007
I got one of the wenger swiss army ones at staples. it has a removable shoulder strap and the handles tuck in to make it a sleeve. It's a convertible. $40.

boltjames

macrumors 601
May 2, 2010
thanks for all the replys,
even the funny ones

Sammy, I'm sorry if I derailed your thread. I will now sincerely try to help you find what you're looking for. Though, truth be told, I think walking around with a schoolboy-made paper bag book cover would be f*cking awesome. You'd get chicks, fa-sho. Take a black marker, draw an apple, write "iPad" on it. You'd make all the blogs, trust me.

BJ

kallyq

macrumors 6502
Apr 12, 2010
Im using the incase neoprene netbook case and like it a lot. I just got my Apple case today and it fits well.

gelie

macrumors 6502a
Mar 7, 2010
Can any users of the SFBags/WaterField iPad Exo SleeveCase let us know what they think?

I've been using the Exo for about three weeks now. Excellent quality and fit. iPad seems very well protected.

sandydlc

macrumors regular
Apr 10, 2010
10" net book sleeve works

I have a 10" netbook neoprene sleeve that I use for my Dell mini and it fits the iPad w/apple case with no problem. I use this combo in my travel bag for a little extra protection.

smr

macrumors 6502a
Sep 14, 2007
Shropshire, UK
I've been using the Exo for about three weeks now. Excellent quality and fit. iPad seems very well protected.

and

Here's a review I did on Waterifled Design's Ultimate Sleevecase....

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/895940/

To add an update over a month later, the Apple Case is no longer snug, it is a perfect fit....it broke in nicely :D

Thanks for that. Nearly everything I have read about WaterField cases has been positive so I ordered an Exo and a Wireless Sleeve for my Apple Wireless Keyboard. International Express shipping to the UK cost a bit, but I should have my cases next week. I will report back then.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.