PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: system for hanging Powermac under desk

markdouglas
Sep 30, 2004, 06:59 PM
Dear Gang,

I would like a very simplistic system to hang a dual G5 Powermac under a desk. I'm not referring to a basket, but a couple of steel clasps or hangers through which the top handles of the Powermac slide and let the machine hang under the desk. Though I've never seen a product like this, there's gotta be something like it. I'm a minimalist and would like to put a product like this under an antique desk if it exists.

Any ideas as to whether something like this exists?

Mark

dotnina
Sep 30, 2004, 07:26 PM
Something like this, perhaps?

http://www.marathoncomputer.com/deskmountg5.html

I know that some exist ... I've seen them in schools. There should be others as well, though that's all that came up in a quick Google search.

markdouglas
Sep 30, 2004, 08:02 PM
I sure appreciate the link. I, too, Googled for this and for some reason didn't get any hits. This looks perfect for me.

Anyone else with any other solutions?

Mark

patrick0brien
Oct 1, 2004, 01:46 PM
-markdouglas

My father has this hanger for his G5.

This thing is one solid hunk of metal - but boy is it cool!

DickArmAndHarT
Oct 2, 2004, 10:15 PM
Im wondering why you are looking for a desk mount for your G5. I dont really understand the reason. Maby im just missing something. Who know. Please dont take this as an insult im just wondering.

Devie
Oct 2, 2004, 10:53 PM
Im wondering why you are looking for a desk mount for your G5. I dont really understand the reason. Maby im just missing something. Who know. Please dont take this as an insult im just wondering.
Maybe he doesn't want the clutter of it on his desk, and doesn't want it on the floor because of dust.

patrick0brien
Oct 2, 2004, 11:15 PM
-DickArmAndHarT

Makes it easy to vaccum too.

dontmatter
Oct 2, 2004, 11:20 PM
don't drill holes in an antique desk! what's wrong with the old computer on the floor style? Neither one gives that much more space, or rather, that much more usable a space.

jackieonasses
Oct 2, 2004, 11:37 PM
don't drill holes in an antique desk! what's wrong with the old computer on the floor style? Neither one gives that much more space, or rather, that much more usable a space. who said antique??? what if it is a modern particle board that he doesn't care if it has holes?

SilentPanda
Oct 9, 2004, 10:49 AM
who said antique???

Ermmmm....

I'm a minimalist and would like to put a product like this under an antique desk if it exists.

jackieonasses
Oct 10, 2004, 12:36 AM
Ermmmm.... well i stand corrrected.

Counterfit
Oct 10, 2004, 03:37 AM
what if it is a modern particle board that he doesn't care if it has holes? I wouldn't trust a G5 to particle board. Heck, I wouldn't trust my Beige G3 to particle board. Because particle board sucks! (and God help you if it catches on fire!)