Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

evilgreg

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 13, 2007
COME ON.

fans have been demanding this for YEARS and every release they tease us about this in the betas then REMOVE Them at the last minute or just keep cryptic codes in the sources. im going to start a petition DEMANDING steve job gives us our features like vertical scrolling on the springboard ANd landscape view.

acfusion29

macrumors 68040
Nov 8, 2007
Toronto
i don't know what you're talking about, but the 2 features that you're damanding (and apparently a bunch of people are too), have never been in any betas.

bigjnyc

macrumors 604
Apr 10, 2008
yeah steve will see the petition and give in to your demands :rolleyes:

Apple releases things at their own pace and when they feel like doing so, for alot of reasons....they want to make sure it is implemented perfectly.... they want to make lots of money so they save things to entice people to buy the future revisions, etc.. etc..

I have learned not to set my expectations too high when apple has an update to announce, I know not to expect too much and I never get let down. try that or simply spend your money elsewhere.

F123D

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2008
Del Mar, CA
Using vertical springboard right now. Works great. Thanks to jailbreaking.

Horizontal scrolling on the dock is pretty useful too.

duky

macrumors 6502
Jun 25, 2007
North Carolina
How would these two features dramatically improve the quality of your experience on the phone? I see it as extra useless code. Yeah, I might use the features once in a while if they were released, but there are many other things I'd rather see someone complaining about such as a better notification system, marking emails as flagged in Mail, etc etc. I'm just not sure a landscape Springboard like the iPad is something to get so worked up about because I'm not seeing why it would help you so much

evilgreg

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 13, 2007
Don't worry guys, I was just making fun of all the retarded threads like this one that people post in the forums every day. Also, when will people figure out his name is Steve JOBS.

I came from a droid and played with quite a few roms, and trust me guys, you do NOT want horizontal rotation on your home screen.

bigjnyc

macrumors 604
Apr 10, 2008
Don't worry guys, I was just making fun of all the retarded threads like this one that people post in the forums every day. Also, when will people figure out his name is Steve JOBS.

I came from a droid and played with quite a few roms, and trust me guys, you do NOT want horizontal rotation on your home screen.

Yeah I would think horizontal rotation on the home screen would get annoying and cumbersome.

F123D

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2008
Del Mar, CA
How would these two features dramatically improve the quality of your experience on the phone?

Vertical scrolling is great.. instead of folders, I've got all my games on one page and can scroll through them vertically. Pretty useful in my opinion.

-aggie-

macrumors P6
Jun 19, 2009
Where bunnies are welcome.

Just when I was about to write I'm tired of seeing his name written as Steve Job, I saw you posted this. :p The thoughts I had of you were not nice. Doofus, moron, etc. were the words that came to mind. :)

and Android fanboys will continue to post on the iPhone forums

What's up with that? I've never been in an Android, Pre, Sprint, Verizon, etc. forum.

I'm glad I'm jailbroke, because I would like them to add these features. Use them every day, especially on the Dock.

duky

macrumors 6502
Jun 25, 2007
North Carolina
Vertical scrolling is great.. instead of folders, I've got all my games on one page and can scroll through them vertically. Pretty useful in my opinion.

Ah so you mean combining vertical with the current horizontal scrolling. So each page could extend further down beyond the dock. I thought he meant one long vertical list of apps (no side swiping). I suppose that might be cool but I still think there are far more useful requests. I only have 5 pages of apps and organize them well enough that it never takes me more than a few seconds to find anything so that may be why I don't care too much about the feature.

evilgreg

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 13, 2007
fanboys and apple apologists are going to chime in ans say they don't need that feature :rolleyes:

You DO realize that this is the MacRumors.com forums, right? Mac. Rumors.

We are all self-described Apple fanboys, that's pretty much why we come here. And you?

F123D

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2008
Del Mar, CA
You DO realize that this is the MacRumors.com forums, right? Mac. Rumors.

We are all self-described Apple fanboys, that's pretty much why we come here. And you?

I think the majority of people who post about Android, Evo, Google, etc aren't just random Android fanboys coming here to troll. Most have iphones and are just upset at the lack of improvements/upgrade compared to all the new stuff android has come out. Of course, this being a mac forum, apple fanboys with will defend to the death. lol.

lyons238

macrumors 6502
Mar 21, 2010
I think the majority of people who post about Android, Evo, Google, etc aren't just random Android fanboys coming here to troll. Most have iphones and are just upset at the lack of improvements/upgrade compared to all the new stuff android has come out. Of course, this being a mac forum, apple fanboys with will defend to the death. lol.

yeah i agree. im a huge apple fan. i love my macbook and my itouch. i was planning to get an iphone but the evo is looking real nice especially with the cheapness of sprints plans. i am a little fed up with apple charging top dollar for slightly outdated stuff. although i admit apple does make the best use of their hardware (performing well with less spec'd hardware).

corriewf

macrumors 6502a
Oct 5, 2009
I don't understand why someone would want this on such a small screen.

I use it. It's another tool of organizing. I also use about 5/6 apps on my dock and scroll through them. I find those apps to be very important apps that I don't want to go digging for.

Are these features really important? No, but they are just nice to use.

dukebound85

macrumors Core
Jul 17, 2005
5045 feet above sea level
COME ON.

fans have been demanding this for YEARS and every release they tease us about this in the betas then REMOVE Them at the last minute or just keep cryptic codes in the sources. im going to start a petition DEMANDING steve job gives us our features like vertical scrolling on the springboard ANd landscape view.

if you jailbreak, you can do what you want

We don't need vertical spring board sliding. As per landscape view, well, it wouldn't make much difference now would it?
Speaking for the OP and me? I don't think so. Maybe you don't need it.

You can argue I don't but then i can say we don't really need iphones anyway lol

ajohnson253

macrumors 68000
Jun 16, 2008
I use it. It's another tool of organizing. I also use about 5/6 apps on my dock and scroll through them. I find those apps to be very important apps that I don't want to go digging for.

Are these features really important? No, but they are just nice to use.

I hear where your coming from but you know how apple is. They don't add "features" that are not needed. They never will. Apples way of thinking is, if it's not of importance or neccessary than it's not going on the iPhone. Sometimes I wish they didn't have so many limitations.

boss.king

macrumors 603
Apr 8, 2009

I'm confused. You made a pointless and annoying thread to tell people how little you think of pointless and annoying threads? Hypocrite.

corriewf

macrumors 6502a
Oct 5, 2009
I hear where your coming from but you know how apple is. They don't add "features" that are not needed. They never will. Apples way of thinking is, if it's not of importance or neccessary than it's not going on the iPhone. Sometimes I wish they didn't have so many limitations.

Well sometimes when im laying in bed....

* I know what your thinking... please be relevant...I don't want to read some sick story about you naked in bed. *

*cough* So sometimes when im laying in bed about to go to sleep I will browse my iPhone apps for 30minutes or so. I often like to use certain apps in landscape mode. It's just easier for me to hold and read on the phone...Well and type as well. Anyway, it would be real nice to not have to switch from vertical position " to read app icon names " then back to landscape to use the app I selected.

Again not an important feature but nice.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.