PDA

View Full Version : FS: ibook G3 384mb/30gb/800mhz/cdrw/airport $800

wannamac
Sep 30, 2004, 10:42 PM
Hey guys, I have tried and tried, but can not really get the hang of it, so, I am sorry to say, I have to sell my G3 ibook. Things I know:
-It is a G3 800 mhz
-it has a cdrw/dvd rom (cd burner, but just dvd rom)
-I bought and installed the airport card (and cd I got with it will be included)
-on board 128 mb ram, and the expansion slot has a 256 mb add on = 384 mb
-30gb hard drive
-OSX - jaguar I believe (discs will be included, and with the exception of the airport disc, these are the only discs you will be receiving)
-When I first got it, there was a different OS, but still X on it, and since I installed jaguar I have not been able to open Roxio Toast Titanium (it is version 5), so I don't know if that has something to do with the new OS, but that is the only thing that has changed, so it is what I assume the problem is.
-itunes (have like 500 songs that I will delete if you want), phototshop (I believe 7), appleworks, etc. on the ibook, but again, NO DISCS (some other stuff, but, again, will delete if you want me to.

All and all the ibook is in good shape and if someone is really interested, I will take some pictures and email them. There is small scratching on the plastic casing, but no big scratches. Battery holds a charge of over 3 hours. Will include original box and papers, as well as AC adapter. Screen is perfect, no dead pixels or anything. Also, includes a grey tucano second skin cover (fits perfect, a must have).

Really a nice ibook for someone looking for a way into the mac world. I will give it a week here, and will then put it on ebay. I would like to get $700 out of it, with the airport card and jaguar discs and a pretty good battery, I do not think that is unreasonable. If you have any questions, feel free to email me : jlp290@psu.edu. Also, I am located in cental PA, so if you want to check it out and you are close, I have no problems with that.

Dippo
Oct 15, 2004, 01:50 AM
I am looking at getting an iBook, but of course I could get a brand new G4 iBook from Apple for $949.

So $700 is way too much for an out of date G3 iBook, but I am willing to give you $300 plus shipping for it if you are interested.

Dave

MrCommunistGen
Oct 17, 2004, 11:37 PM
I'd hope you can do better than $300 because the machine is definately worth more than that. As for Toast, is that the major reason you're getting rid of your 'book? If so, try getting updates or re-installing it if you haven't already. I've been using Toast 5.2 since I had OS 9.1. I've since upgraded to 9.2, 10.1, 10.2, and 10.3 without a hitch. I've never even had to re-install it...

-mcg

wannamac
Oct 18, 2004, 11:01 PM
Yeah, I just can not figure it out and I am having a hard time with the PCs on campus reading off my USB storage. I can not even get the updates from Roxio to open, something about stuffit expander not working, use the original installer.

And for the record, I would break it just for the satisfaction before I would sell it for $300, so anyone without a genuine offer, please stop sending me mail. Thanks.

toezter
Oct 18, 2004, 11:05 PM
wannamac - would you consider a dell inspirion for a trade?

2.0 celeron
512MB ram
20gig HD
wifi .b
15" screen (no dead pixles)
cdrw/dvd rom

btw, $300 is an insult. nice way to lowball.

wannamac
Oct 22, 2004, 12:10 AM
Maybe . . .

digitard
Oct 22, 2004, 01:42 AM
If this paintball gun sells in time maybe I can do 600.

PhantomOSX
Oct 22, 2004, 02:51 AM
I have $500 to offer.

wannamac
Oct 25, 2004, 01:49 PM
Possible trade in the works, do not know though, still open

PhantomOSX
Oct 25, 2004, 01:53 PM
What are you trading for, if you don't mind me asking.

wannamac
Oct 25, 2004, 01:58 PM
UPDATE (should have just put in the last post) - OS X is panther, not jaguar, my fault. It is version 10.3, all updates from roxio and apple have been downloaded and installed and roxio toast titanium 5 is up and running again!! I am going to miss my little ibook. Also, as I look over my first post, I see I forgot to mention it is the 12" screen, sorry about not mentioning that. Reasonable trades have included : ipod + cash, different PC laptops, etc. Still open if you have something reasonable, that I may want!