Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

orka81

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 14, 2008
Does anyone know if the JVC GR-d270u has a passthrough mode on it? I can't find anything specific in the manual, but I've read online that it does have a passthrough setting.

Thanks

orka81

spinnerlys

Sep 7, 2008
forlod bygningen
Have you tried it via iMovie yet and connecting the camera via Firewire and via changing to RECORD mode?

All DV cameras (professional and amateur) I came upon, where able to do this simple trick.

orka81

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 14, 2008
I haven't tried that. Thanks for the tip. The camera itself works fine through i-movie. I haven't been able to get our other camera (sony Hi8) to connect through the JVC and into i-movie. I will give the 'record' method you suggest a try. thanks.

spinnerlys

Sep 7, 2008
forlod bygningen
I haven't tried that. Thanks for the tip. The camera itself works fine through i-movie. I haven't been able to get our other camera (sony Hi8) to connect through the JVC and into i-movie. I will give the 'record' method you suggest a try. thanks.

Ah, sorry, I misunderstood.

You want to pass a signal through the camera, I understood you want to record what is seen by the camera live via the computer. (it's late her in the old world)

If the camera has some kind of video in, you might be able to do the passthrough though.

Or look at this product.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.